ABF | ABF-Teamsters Contract Negotiations Update 4-19-13

That your selfish and greedy? Yup, its clear.

Not selfish, but not going to go backwards either...... What are you worried about, are you worried that you may get laid off?
I think you are only looking out for Stoney, You keep throwing out there about some of the 7500 ABF Teamster's being on the unemployment line. but it reality you are only thinking about yourself. What makes you so much better then anybody else? I just like to know..

everyone seems to forget one important fact the union is just interested in our dues, the company will never stop wanting relief. I don't know how your terminals are run be we are so over staffed on any given day. the only chance we have to retain a good quality of life is to vote no and lets start negotiations off with the company coming in with their heads NOT up there asses

I'd like to know, if your willing to give up anything?

You may want to ask all the 10% workers that only are working 2 or 3 days a week that question. Now the company is proposing that you have to have In terms of health care, the company is seeking:
1) the elimination of coverage for employees working
fewer than 130 hours in a month;

2) employee copays including a $240 per month employee contribution
for family coverage;

3) significant increases in out-of-pocket employee costs; and

4) overall reduced benefits.

If you are so willing for a giveback, then by all means you can donate back to them, and the rest of us will keep what we earn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen Stoney it is obvious that you are a company man
Besides we all know what ever we give up will just be passed on through discounts to the customers so the end result will be what?
Plus what ever loss we take will be given as a bonus to the upper management.

Company man? Why is that always the lame comeback if a Teamster doesn t stay in line and dares to give a different point if view?

Aren't we suppose to vote in what's best for the Teamsters and ourselves? Well that's whatn I'm doing. Do you see me saying that ABF doesn't needs some sort of concession but we should give it them anyways? Uh no. I believe ABF is truly hurting, and if we don't give somewhere, the many Teamsters will be hurt.

Kinda of a stupid statement.
I think before you make an opinion that Brother GO40's statement is "Kinda of a stupid statement", maybe you'd better ask for a consensus as to whether the rest of us feel Brother GO40 can voice his opinion without you implying it is "stupid". Maybe you are in the minority. I think Brother GO40 is recognizing the fact that the company is going to get very stingy with it's time management, and lower seniority employees, and their ability to qualify for benefits. To recognize that could be a problem.....that will breed other problems,....well, I don't see anything "stupid" about that at all.

Not selfish, but not going to go backwards either...... What are you worried about, are you worried that you may get laid off?
I think you are only looking out for Stoney, You keep throwing out there about some of the 7500 ABF Teamster's being on the unemployment line. but it reality you are only thinking about yourself. What makes you so much better then anybody else? I just like to know..

Sure, I'm worried about myself TOO. Don't say you're not either. We all lookout for ourselves as well as our brothers.
I use the "selfish greedy" labels just to make a point of hypocrisy I see from you and others calling ABF selfish and greedy. When ABF is doing different then you.

But you're wrong, I'm not only thinking of myself. And you nothing to base that claim on.
Think about the stupidity of that statement. If I were truly being selfish, then I wouldn't be willing to give up money. You think I want to make less? Try again.

what if they wanted to take away your drop and hook pay, no delay pay while waiting for your loads and only pay you half pay for running empties, Would accept that?

I never said we should give them whatever they want. Just that a simple "No" vote is not the answer. I never said we should just give them the 15% or now the 6.5% willie nilly. Just that we need to be open and willing to except some sort of concession.

You may want to ask all the 10% workers that only are working 2 or 3 days a week that question. Now the company is proposing that you have to have In terms of health care, the company is seeking:
1) the elimination of coverage for employees working
fewer than 130 hours in a month;

2) employee copays including a $240 per month employee contribution
for family coverage;

3) significant increases in out-of-pocket employee costs; and

4) overall reduced benefits.

If you are so willing for a giveback, then by all means you can donate back to them, and the rest of us will keep what we earn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that coming when Obamacare was passed. Even said as soon as it was passed, ABF was going to ask us to pay towards our premiums. The Teamsters has no one to blame but themselves on that. They helped Obama win, then endorsed Obamacare and cheered when it was passed. Now we are paying for the consequences of it.

Company man? Why is that always the lame comeback if a Teamster doesn t stay in line and dares to give a different point if view?

Aren't we suppose to vote in what's best for the Teamsters and ourselves? Well that's whatn I'm doing. Do you see me saying that ABF doesn't needs some sort of concession but we should give it them anyways? Uh no. I believe ABF is truly hurting, and if we don't give somewhere, the many Teamsters will be hurt.
Your opinion. Of course I will refrain from calling it stupid. I will not sink to that level. My opinion.....and feel free to call it stupid...won't bother me in the bit, considering the source....is that if we give concessions, the non-Union carriers will immediately jam concessions right down their employees' throats. And....we'll be right back where we started, and ABF will ask for a re-opener. If you notice.....all of ABF's propaganda is qualitive. They compare us to all the other carriers, so their perception of how much they're making....or losing,...is based on how they compare themselves to other carriers...........NOT what's in their bank account....or what the shareholders can expect. Why do they wait until contract time to plead poverty? Because it's the one time they can actually take something from their employees legally, and with our grudging approval. Other than a contract re-opener,....which, I guess, will be the strategy of the future. If you want to know truly when a company is in trouble,....watch the top and middle executives. If you see a mass exodus....see them leaving,....then the company is truly in trouble....executives have no loyalty, they chase the dollar. If there are no executives leaving,.....why they're just sticking around because they think there's a good chance they'll sucker their work force into concessions. If that happens.....Bonuses For All!.....reason to stick around. I don't know Stoney....is my reasoning stupid?

Sorry Bubba, I did not vote for Obama, and Obama care was shoved down our throats. I could only hope Teamsters do have that much power, I know we would have a fair contract then.

Sorry Bubba, I did not vote for Obama, and Obama care was shoved down our throats. I could only hope Teamsters do have that much power, I know we would have a fair contract then.

Did I say you specifically? I said the Teamsters.

I never said we should give them whatever they want. Just that a simple "No" vote is not the answer. I never said we should just give them the 15% or now the 6.5% willie nilly. Just that we need to be open and willing to except some sort of concession.

It's going to be a simple yes or no vote when you get the ballot.Please read that proposal again. Do you think they will go out of their way to make sure that the people on the extra board will work less than 130hours a month ? They will make sure of it !!!!

Your opinion. Of course I will refrain from calling it stupid. I will not sink to that level. My opinion.....and feel free to call it stupid...won't bother me in the bit, considering the source....is that if we give concessions, the non-Union carriers will immediately jam concessions right down their employees' throats. And....we'll be right back where we started, and ABF will ask for a re-opener. If you notice.....all of ABF's propaganda is qualitive. They compare us to all the other carriers, so their perception of how much they're making....or losing,...is based on how they compare themselves to other carriers...........NOT what's in their bank account....or what the shareholders can expect. Why do they wait until contract time to plead poverty? Because it's the one time they can actually take something from their employees legally, and with our grudging approval. Other than a contract re-opener,....which, I guess, will be the strategy of the future. If you want to know truly when a company is in trouble,....watch the top and middle executives. If you see a mass exodus....see them leaving,....then the company is truly in trouble....executives have no loyalty, they chase the dollar. If there are no executives leaving,.....why they're just sticking around because they think there's a good chance they'll sucker their work force into concessions. If that happens.....Bonuses For All!.....reason to stick around. I don't know Stoney....is my reasoning stupid?

Golly gee! You have a crystal ball that can see the future! Why aren't you playing the lotto! ?

It's going to be a simple yes or no vote when you get the ballot.Please read that proposal again. Do you think they will go out of their way to make sure that the people on the extra board will work less than 130hours a month ? They will make sure of it !!!!

If they have the freight and work, then they have no choice. You're saying they would be willing to cut freight and their own throat to not work drivers 130hrs, when they actually make more money by getting the freight and paying the health&welfare benifits.

The best you can up with is another conspiracy?

I saw that coming when Obamacare was passed. Even said as soon as it was passed, ABF was going to ask us to pay towards our premiums. The Teamsters has no one to blame but themselves on that. They helped Obama win, then endorsed Obamacare and cheered when it was passed. Now we are paying for the consequences of it.
I think what a lot of people don't realize is that on Jan. 1, 2014,..the party's over for the insurance companies,...and they're doing the worst they can do, now , to grab as much as they can, and, in the process, convince the people they're inflicting pain on, through higher premiums and increased costs...things they won't be able to do after Jan. 1 , 2014....that they should call their Congressman and repeal "Obamacare". That way insurance companies can go back to the way they've been doing business for the last 20 years, ...ripping off people, doctors, denying coverage, overcharging,......paying their CEO's ungodly amounts of money to live like princelings instead of using that money to increase the quality of healthcare. Yes....we should repeal "Obamacare", and go back to the way it was. Ask your insurance man, he'll tell you.......he probably has a petition right there on his desk......

100% correct