ABF | ABF-Teamsters Contract Negotiations Update 4-19-13

I know a couple of people (not many) who have better paying local driving jobs than mine. They seem to be in the chemical industry.
I know of a couple of people in the chemical industry who make a LOT more than I do.
If they get caught they get free room, board and health care.

I know of a couple of people in the chemical industry who make a LOT more than I do.
If they get caught they get free room, board and health care.
I don't know any of that type of chemical worker anymore.

the only trucking job i know thats paying more than what we make is working for the shale gas jobs or oilfield jobs in n dakota where a driver can make almost 2k a week....but thats for some long hours....

the only trucking job i know thats paying more than what we make is working for the shale gas jobs or oilfield jobs in n dakota where a driver can make almost 2k a week....but thats for some long hours....

That's one area I'm talking about.

Also I have a buddy making 2k to 4k a week as a trainer with Prime Inc.

I hope you don't believe everything everybody tells you.

He averages 7k to 10k in gross revenue a week when he trains(
Based of a 5000 mile week average and $1.70 mile rate.) His fixed weekly expenses of $2,200, fuel $2500, paying his trainee $600 plus $150 in workman comp insurance, and $680 in taxes he nets almost $2400 a week.

He averages 7k to 10k in gross revenue a week when he trains(
Based of a 5000 mile week average and $1.70 mile rate.) His fixed weekly expenses of $2,200, fuel $2500, paying his trainee $600 plus $150 in workman comp insurance, and $680 in taxes he nets almost $2400 a week.
I'm not buying into any of that and I just can't believe that anyone else would.