ABF | ABF-Teamsters Contract Negotiations Update 4-19-13

Wrong, Wrong, and Wrong.

Prime has company and Lease Ops. In fact from everything I read on another trucking forum, Prime does not press the lease onto the drivers.
In fact company drivers are put in what they call a lightweight. A smaller class 8, but they pay em an extra .05cpm(.41 to .44cpm depending on region).

Secondly. They have straight up leases, of which after a 3 or 4 lease, you turn in tractor and receive a cash bonuse
Or a purchase lease, of which at the end of a lease, you can buy the tractor.

Now they are paid a percentage(72% of the load), not a base mileage or fuel surcharge. They avg $1.60 to $1.80 a mile.
And their FM's are paid according to their drivers sucess, so they have incentive to get their drivers the best paying loads.

And I never said it was easy. Sucess isn't suppose to be easy. And Many do fail in the lease model because they don't know how to budget and manage expenses.
But there are many that do succeed, and make a very good living.

I agree 90% of the lease's out there suck. But imo, Primes is one of the better one's.
First it's two different companies second the "cash bonus" is the money they take out of your check for maint. and can't figure out how to screw you out of it. Answer this if it's such a good deal why do they have to pay recruiters millions every year to hire drivers?

First it's two different companies second the "cash bonus" is the money they take out of your check for maint. and can't figure out how to screw you out of it. Answer this if it's such a good deal why do they have to pay recruiters millions every year to hire drivers?

How do you know they take the bonus out of the maintenance account? Or are you just guessing?

Imo, Prime has to recruit for the same reason most truckload companies recruit. And that's because their company pay structure is to low, and they don't get the drivers home enough.

How do you know they take the bonus out of the maintenance account? Or are you just guessing?

Imo, Prime has to recruit for the same reason most truckload companies recruit. And that's because their company pay structure is to low, and they don't get the drivers home enough.
call them and ask.imo they recruit because they are just like the other truckload co. always in your pocket. but i'm done talking about it with you, wrong thread

call them and ask.imo they recruit because they are just like the other truckload co. always in your pocket. but i'm done talking about it with you, wrong thread

So you don't know, and are guessing. Thought so.

It is off topic, but it was you guys thay challenged a simple statement I made.

The year 2009 was a crash year for ABFS so revenue was very low. So you are using a revenue year that does not reflect the real picture of growth in ABFS. Company revenue for 2008 was $1.833 billion. Company revenue for 2012 was $2.066 billion. All of the revenue growth between 2008 and 2012 has come in non asset areas of the company such as logistics, maintenance etc. In 2008, trucking represented 96% of the sales of the company. In 2012, trucking represented 82% fo the company sales. In 2013, it will be closer to 75% of sales. I hate to tell you this, but the trucking revenue is lower in 2012 than it was in 2008. In 2008, trucking produced $1.759 billion in sales. In 2012, trucking produced $1.73 billion in sales. That is a loss my frriend. Figure annual inflation and increased charges to haul freight over those five years and it is even a bigger loss. Now, factor in the rising cost of health care, rising salaries, and rising pension benefits over the last five years and you have a company on a severe downward slide. The last good net profit year was 2008. Since then the net profit loss from 2009 to 2012 is $162 million. That money came right out of the vault. The trucking division operating income loss from 2009 to 2012 in $243 million.

I disagree with your premise. What you are looking at is accounting and revenue is the important number. It is easy to say I made $70,000 and my wife made $30,000 last years so we had revenue of $100,000. It is just as easy to say I made $50,000 and my wife made $50,000 so our total revenue was the same $100,000. The government is not going to spend a lot of $$$ looking into us if the total revenue work out. The government will scrutinize us if I only report $70,000 and I had revenue of $100,000. The government wants the taxes on the unreported $30,000. The point is how easy I changed the accounting numbers? Judy’s history is in accounting.