ABF | ABF-Teamsters Contract Negotiations Update 4-19-13

Very well put!!
I'm a YRC employee! Very happy before this greedy merger took place.. now very disgruntled.. unhappy.. everyone hates it,! Lost $10,000 each of the last 3 years!! And now they're still cramming down our throats, production, writing letters , you guys please... .. VOTE NO!! I BEG YOU!!

I didn't use to but learned from you, I am just done taking your crap, so now I will speak up. YOU STARTED THIS, AND NOW I AM DONE WITH NOT SAYING SOMETHING WHEN YOU START IT.

Lol! Oh ok.

How many times have said your done with me now? I lost count.

Hmm, I think it takes alot of balls to stand up to the mindless Teamster drones. Yup, I' right wing, and proud of it. I believe in freedom and liberty, not being babied by the government and wanting less freedoms for others just because I don't like them.

You're not standing up to teamsters. You'd be standing with them. Ever stand up for something? Or have you always just laid down and let others do the work for you?

You're not standing up to teamsters. You'd be standing with them. Ever stand up for something? Or have you always just laid down and let others do the work for you?

Ya I am. Not everthing the Teamster leaders have pushed has been good for us.

Because they are still around!

Still not evidence. Being wrong is lying. Make that one hold up in court.

Give evidence that that they would be out of business without concessions. You can't do that either. Yet you believed them.

No not everything the Teamsters pushed has been good for us. yrc is a prime example

No not everything the Teamsters pushed has been good for us. yrc is a prime example

Exactly! The Teamster leaders can be wrong. And I think their wrong here.

Give evidence that that they would be out of business without concessions. You can't do that either. Yet you believed them.

Got none, because I'm not making that claim.

All I said was I believe ABF is hurting, and needs some relief.

Mr Stoney does your Grandfather and father share your views?
Do they think we should take concessions?

I don't know, he's 94 and is unaware of what's going on. His mind isn't the same anymore.
Regardless, I form my own opinions and views.

I don't know, he's 94 and is unaware of what's going on. His mind isn't the same anymore.
Regardless, I form my own opinions and views.

Yes you are entitled to your own opinions
but if our grandfather's generation would of been so willing to
Give up and give the company their way we would not have
Teamster jobs 32 years after our Grandfather's retired.
(My grandfather also retired in 81 from the Teamsters) God rest his soul

Yes you are entitled to your own opinions
but if our grandfather's generation would of been so willing to
Give up and give the company their way we would not have
Teamster jobs 32 years after our Grandfather's retired.
(My grandfather also retired in 81 from the Teamsters) God rest his soul

Well its not the 60, and 70s anymore. We can't negotiations now the way they did back then.

Too many Teamsters still live in the past.

Exactly! The Teamster leaders can be wrong. And I think their wrong here.

Got none, because I'm not making that claim.

All I said was I believe ABF is hurting, and needs some relief.

And what have the teamster leaders said here? Nothing. The members will vote on the contract. And whatever concessions are in there they will back up (bargaining in good faith) That's what a tentative agreement is. So if all these concessions are actually in the agreement you will vote for them and therefore do what your teamster leaders told you to do.

And what have the teamster leaders said here? Nothing. The members will vote on the contract. And whatever concessions are in there they will back up (bargaining in good faith) That's what a tentative agreement is. So if all these concessions are actually in the agreement you will vote for them and therefore do what your teamster leaders told you to do.

I never said I would vote for all of them.

Well I am not living in the past and the way I see it is
Our pay sets the standards in our industry and it only hurts everyone if we give in

Union companies also used to set the work rules too! I know since I drove for Preston when they were eliminated in '99, I had no choice to survive but to go to a non-union carrier for work. Union carriers had pretty much 0 turnover at that time, so jobs weren't that easy to land. I'm hoping you guys stand up for what's right! I also hope on the other hand it doesn't end up like IBC Trucking/Hostess. They started with concessions too and then a second one and the final one put them out of business. People had enough with upper management greed. I think food and freight are different things, but just using it as an example. You guys are lucky to at least have a contract on the line. I just have a collection of union withdrawal cards that don't do me much good working for a not so good private carrier now. Good Luck to each of you that are fighting the good fight!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been trucking for 34 years and it used to be a great job. We had fun we were a family. We all met at the same restaurants and talked the bull**** when we were out on the road. We all knew each other from all the union companies. But now to say things have changed is to put it litely. Trucking sucks and the new up coming drivers have no idea what trucking was like years ago.
But I am glad to say that I have my memories of all those good days.
It's a shame with all the technology today the truck drivers of today will never know what as old guys had.