ABF | ABF Tenative Agreement Is Up

read it and weep!!!! never gets easy to have a concession but you can live through it it's a fact...

No is my vote !! Send them back to the table !! We do not have to accept this !! It's up to us !! Stand strong this is wrong !!! Less money & less time off oh yeah that makes sense !!!!

The central supplement (local cartage, I didnt look it up on the linehaul one) still lists the vacation schedule we have been under.
Is this correct or did they just forget to change it?

purchased transportation is a BAD idea for road drivers.

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
PURCHASED TRANSPORTATION
The undersigned parties have reached agreement regarding Purchased Transportation Service (PTS) and outline the following understandings with reference to the operation/employee protection of this MOU. This MOU is intended to permit a limited use of PTS for over-the-road transportation only. Nothing in this MOU is intended to permit the use of PTS for any other operation (i.e. P & D, Local Cartage, current intermodal, drayage, or shuttle operations etc.). Article 29 of the ABF NMFA remains in effect except as specifically provided for in this Memorandum of Understanding.
Any disputes regarding PTS will be referred to the National PTS Committee consisting of an equal number of representatives from the Union and the Company for resolution. Any failures to resolve the dispute will be referred to the National Grievance Committee.
1) All active road drivers as of the date of ratification of the ABF NMFA commencing in 2013 will be protected by red circle name from layoff directly caused by the use of purchased transportation per the attached seniority lists as of the date of ratification. This protection does not apply to a road driver who has been offered but declined a transfer pursuant to any Change of Operations.
2) Notwithstanding anything in the ABF NMFA to the contrary, the Employer shall be permitted to utilize companies for over-the-road purchased transportation substitute service. The maximum amount of over-the-road purchased transportation shall be limited to 4% in Calendar Year 2013 (increased to 6% starting with Calendar Year 2014), of the Employer’s total miles as reported on line 301 of Schedule 300 of the DOT/FMCSA Annual Report during any calendar year. In conjunction with using over-the-road purchase transportation providers, the Company’s total combined intermodal rail miles and purchased transportation miles shall not exceed 24% of the Company’s total miles during any calendar year.

The central supplement (local cartage, I didnt look it up on the linehaul one) still lists the vacation schedule we have been under.
Is this correct or did they just forget to change it?

It should state above the vacation Article in you supplement to "See National Agreement". If so, then yes you will loose one week of your vacation each year with this agreement. If it does not state this above the vacation Article in your supplement, then you will probably want to check with your B. A. to see if this applies to your supplement. I know in the Southern Region it applies.

It should state above the vacation Article in you supplement to "See National Agreement". If so, then yes you will loose one week of your vacation each year with this agreement. If it does not state this above the vacation Article in your supplement, then you will probably want to check with your B. A. to see if this applies to your supplement. I know in the Southern Region it applies.
It doesnt say it in the one posted but how would that work?
It will take two years to get one week and 8 years to get two weeks etc?
8 years is a long time to work with only one week of vacation. Might be a deal breaker right there for me.
I

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
PURCHASED TRANSPORTATION
The undersigned parties have reached agreement regarding Purchased Transportation Service (PTS) and outline the following understandings with reference to the operation/employee protection of this MOU. This MOU is intended to permit a limited use of PTS for over-the-road transportation only. Nothing in this MOU is intended to permit the use of PTS for any other operation (i.e. P & D, Local Cartage, current intermodal, drayage, or shuttle operations etc.). Article 29 of the ABF NMFA remains in effect except as specifically provided for in this Memorandum of Understanding.
Any disputes regarding PTS will be referred to the National PTS Committee consisting of an equal number of representatives from the Union and the Company for resolution. Any failures to resolve the dispute will be referred to the National Grievance Committee.
1) All active road drivers as of the date of ratification of the ABF NMFA commencing in 2013 will be protected by red circle name from layoff directly caused by the use of purchased transportation per the attached seniority lists as of the date of ratification. This protection does not apply to a road driver who has been offered but declined a transfer pursuant to any Change of Operations.
2) Notwithstanding anything in the ABF NMFA to the contrary, the Employer shall be permitted to utilize companies for over-the-road purchased transportation substitute service. The maximum amount of over-the-road purchased transportation shall be limited to 4% in Calendar Year 2013 (increased to 6% starting with Calendar Year 2014), of the Employer’s total miles as reported on line 301 of Schedule 300 of the DOT/FMCSA Annual Report during any calendar year. In conjunction with using over-the-road purchase transportation providers, the Company’s total combined intermodal rail miles and purchased transportation miles shall not exceed 24% of the Company’s total miles during any calendar year.

Yea I got a problem with this and this

Management may use audio, video, electronic tracking devices to fire employees for “stealing time,” without corroboration (Article 26).

Yea I got a problem with this and this

Management may use audio, video, electronic tracking devices to fire employees for “stealing time,” without corroboration (Article 26).
Me too. I had a chance to see one guys tracking form his pda and it had him on a road at least 15 miles from where he really was and it was a road he could not have gotten down with a truck anyway. I think that needs some corroboration.

It doesnt say it in the one posted but how would that work?
It will take two years to get one week and 8 years to get two weeks etc?
8 years is a long time to work with only one week of vacation. Might be a deal breaker right there for me.
I

You are right. It does not state this on the Central Local Cartage Supplement, but on the Central Road Supplement Article 58. Vacations reads "See National Master Freight Economic Package" which is the one week reduction per year on your vacation. My guess is that because the road has it and the local cartage does not, it was probably an oversight. Check with your Business Agent to clarify, but I would bet that the one week per year reduction will apply to Local Cartage as well.

You are right. It does not state this on the Central Local Cartage Supplement, but on the Central Road Supplement Article 58. Vacations reads "See National Master Freight Economic Package" which is the one week reduction per year on your vacation. My guess is that because the road has it and the local cartage does not, it was probably an oversight. Check with your Business Agent to clarify, but I would bet that the one week per year reduction will apply to Local Cartage as well.

Well at least at yrc they kept the schedule up to three weeks.