ABF | ABF Tenative Agreement Is Up

I don't read books, I prefer to watch the movies. I just can't stand that someone would put someone down just because of their position. Mid Managers have just as much at stake with this contract as the drivers. There are some drivers that think they deserves respect just because they have been doing it a long time but refuse to respect a supervisor simply because they are a supervisor. It goes the same way with management as well. if drivers and management get along and work together the company will be better off.

I am very lucky all the dispatcher I deal with Linehaul managers and freight coordinator and my TM are all really good guys easy to work with. I haven't always been so lucky

To Pulled Both Ways: You are middle management, nobody gives a ***** what you think, Upper management will ***** on you every chance they get,and the drivers, of course hate anybody that knows how to use a keyboard. So keep you're houseboy "go find another job if you don't like this one" garbage to yourself

Thanks Duke, sure glad the majority of the union members aren't like you.

You may want to read this about sick day's

ARTICLE 38.

Section 1. Sick Leave

Effective April 1, 1980 and thereafter, all Supplemental Agreements shall provide for five (5) days of sick leave per contract year.

Sick leave not used by March 31 of any contract year will be paid on March 31 at the applicable hourly rate in existence on that date. Each day of sick leave will be paid for on the basis of eight (8) hours’ straight-time pay at the applicable hourly rate.

Sick leave will be paid to eligible employees beginning on the third (3rd) working day of absence due to sickness or accident except where the employee is hospitalized prior to that date when it will be paid beginning on the date of hospitalization.

Effective January 1, 2009, the accrual and cash out dates for sick leave will become move from April 1 to January 1. As an example, employees will be entitled to cash out accrued unused sick leave on April 1, 2008, and will accrue an additional 5 days sick leave between April 1, 2008, and December 31, 2008, and will be entitled to cash out any unused sick leave on January 1, 2009. In addition, no employee will lose their entitlement to the cash out of unused sick leave on January 1, 2009, because they were not able to satisfy the present eligibility provision of having received 90 days of compensation during the shorten qualifying period of April 1, 2008, through December 31, 2008.

The additional sick leave days referred to above shall also be included in those Supplements containing sick leave provisions prior to April 1, 1976. The National Negotiating Committees may develop rules and regulations to apply to sick leave provisions negotiated in the 1976 Agreement and amended in this Agreement uniformly to the Supplements. The Committee shall not establish rules and regulations for sick leave programs in existence on March 31, 1976.

This came from TDU website Article 38 section 1 (sick leave). Docker called the IBT and found this was a mistake and it is not on the TA. Sorry for any Posting this, I found out about it after I had posted it