ABF | ABF time off question

bolski

TB Lurker
Credits
So it says this on the job description of City driver in Baltimore. Do you get this much the first year and hows it work with getting time off. Does Baltimore have the same contract as Carlisle? Is it the same contract for City and Road
  • Each employee receives 5 days of sick leave each January 1st. With the amount of personal days, sick leave, and paid holidays, an employee may qualify for up to 4 weeks paid days off without using vacation.

So it says this on the job description of City driver in Baltimore. Do you get this much the first year and hows it work with getting time off. Does Baltimore have the same contract as Carlisle? Is it the same contract for City and Road
  • Each employee receives 5 days of sick leave each January 1st. With the amount of personal days, sick leave, and paid holidays, an employee may qualify for up to 4 weeks paid days off without using vacation.
In my region (central pa. Teamsters) I count 8 holidays 5 sick days 4 personals (b-day included) pretty close to 4 weeks....

Each employee receives 5 days of sick leave each January 1st.
There are no sick days for new hires until January 1.
8 holidays 5 sick days 4 personals (b-day included) pretty close to 4 weeks....
Totals 17, actually closer to three weeks than it is 4. You must be pushing for help!

I am a steward, but I am in JC #40, W. Penna. Different Supplement. Here, we do not have "personal" days......The sick days are the same pretty much nationally........BUT!...You must keep in mind that you have to be HIRED (on seniority board) before Jan. 1 to get your 5 sick days. If you are hired Jan. 2,.....you've got to wait 365 days before you get 5 sick days.

Also, we have just filed a grievance on whether the company can force from the bottom on ALL holidays, instead of just the two specifically named holidays I.e.: Good Friday and Veterans Day. Stay tuned......

I am a steward, but I am in JC #40, W. Penna. Different Supplement. Here, we do not have "personal" days......The sick days are the same pretty much nationally........BUT!...You must keep in mind that you have to be HIRED (on seniority board) before Jan. 1 to get your 5 sick days. If you are hired Jan. 2,.....you've got to wait 365 days before you get 5 sick days.

Also, we have just filed a grievance on whether the company can force from the bottom on ALL holidays, instead of just the two specifically named holidays I.e.: Good Friday and Veterans Day. Stay tuned......
Good Friday is a holiday?

048-Baltimore has one board and that's a city board. You'll work for two yrs before earning a week of vacation. 5 days sick pay on Jan 1st depending on hire date, 3 personal days on Aril 1st. these days are only good for the year they are issued, no banking or saving them.good Friday is a holiday for us. you have to work the day before and the day after to qualify for holidays unless the time off was preapproved. In a nutshell, ABF is a good company to work for. that being said the time off sucks.