ABF | Abf vs upsf

Both companies have their ways of getting it done. UPS uses a stick and ABF is more into grounding you. lol We are driven by the desire to succeed as Teamsters. UPS is driven by a BIG CORPORATE MACHINE! They have their foot prints all over the world. ABF has rules and they demand that they be followed.We Teamsters at ABF have been given the responsibility to carry the union flag for now. Yes yrc has fallen on hard times and needs a hand up. I know many have written we the Teamsters off but we are not dead YET! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

If you drive as good as you preach, the you gotta be a damned fine driver.

If you drive as good as you preach, the you gotta be a damned fine driver.
I just received a thirty year safe driving ring. And I would not call it preaching it is more like being proud of both my UNION and my COMPANY. As you have noticed I don't cram the union down anyone's throat. I just tell the truth when someone inquires about the Teamsters or ABF. Now about my driving abilities. Well I try to keep the sunny side up and stay between the lines. And that has worked for me.lol YOUR TEAMSTER BROTHER ALWAYS!

A parcel driver told me they take two weeks hiring you. Then the next twenty years trying to fire you.:LMAO:

To answer all the ?s Yes we have many work rules, it keeps us safe.
In Michigan its the law to buckle up in any moving vehicle.
Chains across the dock door is for safety.
Steel toe shoes are so you don't smash your toes.
DOT rules are you pre-trip and look for somthing wrong, smart idea I think.
DIADS help dispatch move you around for pick-ups faster.
Lunches are a DOT rule to help stop sleepy drives.
If you take a longer lunch why should you get payed?
Termination only after 3 warnings, just do it and you won't be terminated.
We are guaranteed 8 hours but you might be sweeping the dock or cleaning a toilet.
Yes you should pace yourself and not let them run you to death, it's up to you to work safe.
UPS training, yes safety first, training is all about working safe.
Yes about 12 items on a DR, not hard to fill out at all. Normal stuff.
So if you are done for the day should you stay around for a extra 20 minutes or so, I think not go home.
Face it UPS runs a tight ship. Thats why it's one of the best.

I agree completely...

All were both employee's from Overnite and UPSF. They receive one pension check from Overnite and one pension check from UPSF monthly.

They use the same formula for the Overnite retirement and the UPSF don't they. So if your SS is affected it will be on the UPS part of the retirement. If I understand this right. So say a person has 25 years with Overnite and 5 years with UPSF should come out pretty good.

ABF is a small company but solid. UPS is BIG but they still smell like Overnight.
Money is not everthing, after 10 years in cell block 131 (roadway) abf is a breath of fresh air its like night & day. They treat us with respect & not looking to fire you every time you turn around....

Money is not everthing, after 10 years in cell block 131 (roadway) abf is a breath of fresh air its like night & day. They treat us with respect & not looking to fire you every time you turn around....

I wish it still smelled like OVERNITE!

Long live UPSF.... RESPECT! You see it's all in who you talk to. There's good and bad in all companies. Just do your job and you will get respect...
The people i talk to do their job, still hate it. They wish it was still o.nite.

Good ole ABF and their 80% discounts you mean. We made money the first quarter. What did ABF do. Oh yea lost money wasn't it. Who is giving the discounts.:LMAO: