ABF | ABF warns of major network changes if it can't lower labor costs and gain flexibility

What's the matter Skeeter...you have a chance to get your point across...the problem is that you don't want to confront the actual posters about it...why?

Just name one post that led you think that...that poster wanted another company to close so it put a little more money hopefully in their pockets?

I shouldn't have posted a blanket statement like that. Just frustrated about a lot of things going on. Sorry...

I shouldn't have posted a blanket statement like that. Just frustrated about a lot of things going on. Sorry...

I know...we all our frustrated about all of the things going on...that's why I think it's crucial to get back our solidarity...but that can't be done without confronting the actual ones that come here to stir things up because of their own personal reasons...you will always have those kind of people and just a few could end up getting everyone upset...then picking and choosing sides.Then that person that started it...just sits back and laughs...he got accomplished what he set out to do.

And I'll name one of those posters...that's Joe the Plumber...beyond a doubt!

Yes! Well, I guess we all have trouble makers on each of our forums.
I shouldn't of added fuel to yours. But you are right I also don't have
A problem calling anyone out.

Yes! Well, I guess we all have trouble makers on each of our forums.
I shouldn't of added fuel to yours. But you are right I also don't have
A problem calling anyone out.

Yes we do have trouble makers on each of our forums and each of us is different...we all handle it in different ways. My way is head on...no beating around the bush...getting it out in the open...then you have a chance of clearing up any misunderstandings if there are any...like I believe we accomplished here. And even in opposing views...there are many times that people can come to a reasonable understanding of each others views and concerns.

Don't worry about adding fuel...I believe we have many sensible posters on this forum that would like to hear what you have to say...I do.

I'm also happy to hear that you have no problem calling one out...

I know...we all our frustrated about all of the things going on...that's why I think it's crucial to get back our solidarity...but that can't be done without confronting the actual ones that come here to stir things up because of their own personal reasons...you will always have those kind of people and just a few could end up getting everyone upset...then picking and choosing sides.Then that person that started it...just sits back and laughs...he got accomplished what he set out to do.

Look at your situation:
ABF warns of major network changes if it can't lower labor costs and gain flexibility
You are literally voting for this to take place. This will happen. This means job loss. Many of YRC's COO's had evil intentions..to disrupt people's lives. Either way you lose. Unless you're in the teachers union or the longshoreman's union you cannot win. I'm not the bad guy..I'm just a pessimist
watching20you-1.gif

Look at your situation:
ABF warns of major network changes if it can't lower labor costs and gain flexibility
You are literally voting for this to take place. This will happen. This means job loss. Many of YRC's COO's had evil intentions..to disrupt people's lives. Either way you lose. Unless you're in the teachers union or the longshoreman's union you cannot win. I'm not the bad guy..I'm just a pessimist
watching20you-1.gif

Well...speaking of that devilish troll...here he is. I was just talking about you Joe...just the truth mind you. Now let's go with this statement:

ABF warns of major network changes if it can't lower labor costs and gain flexibility. You are literally voting for this to take place. This will happen.

Now...which is it...are you saying that we will be voting for it to take place or will it happen...you can't have it both ways. Try to atleast make up your mind sometime Joe.

Now...here is my opinion...although I only have a couple of decades behind my belt...I'll still give it a shot. If they are thinking of major network changes...make no mistake about it...there will be major network changes...with or without concessions! It's just something that all companies do...after all..our last one was in 2008.So...you see...it's just a pessimistic gloom and doom attitude acting up again...isn't Joe?

Yes we do have trouble makers on each of our forums and each of us is different...we all handle it in different ways. My way is head on...no beating around the bush...getting it out in the open...then you have a chance of clearing up any misunderstandings if there are any...like I believe we accomplished here. And even in opposing views...there are many times that people can come to a reasonable understanding of each others views and concerns.

Don't worry about adding fuel...I believe we have many sensible posters on this forum that would like to hear what you have to say...I do.

Got it Docker... Happy New Year!!!

If everyone saw things the same way it would be pretty boring on here. Even Plunger Joe makes a good point now and then but his being a jackass troll 100% makes it impossible for him to become part of the discussion everywhere he goes.

If everyone saw things the same way it would be pretty boring on here. Even Plunger Joe makes a good point now and then but his being a jackass troll 100% makes it impossible for him to become part of the discussion everywhere he goes.

Some have a problem facing the truth. You are the type that follows the herd. Nothing original or interest ever comes from you. You're a low grade poster. Never a link of news or a coherent thought. Never a good rebuttal..just witless classless remarks. But then I must remember..you are thee ABFool. That's all you got:shrug:

:9529:

Docker the only way your going to get solidarity in freight is if we get our elected officials (Hoffa and company)out because IMO they don't give a hoot about us..Look at the teamster magazine,most issues don't even mention freight anymore ..We are like a sore subject..We have to get all the freight contracts whether they are NMFA or white paper to end at the same time..That is the only way freight will have any clout anymore..
Solidarity..Something I believe our present leadership does not want us to have...

Docker the only way your going to get solidarity in freight is if we get our elected officials (Hoffa and company)out because IMO they don't give a hoot about us..Look at the teamster magazine,most issues don't even mention freight anymore ..We are like a sore subject..We have to get all the freight contracts whether they are NMFA or white paper to end at the same time..That is the only way freight will have any clout anymore..
Solidarity..Something I believe our present leadership does not want us to have...

You're right about Junior and Tyson...and you know that I'm not a fan of either...IMO...they have done more to destroy our solidarity than anyone. But the problem lies with the rank and file not voicing their opinion to the union representitives. Junior has been in there way too long and has deep roots...any local leaders don't have a choice but to go along...it would be political ******* to go against his wishes...that's why it would take the masses of the rank and file to stand up to the plate and start voicing their discontent at the IBT themselves...The IBT have set themselves up pretty good...they don't even have to hear the outcries of that small minority that do complain...they have the locals for that. They have so many brainwashed into thinking that if you speak out against the IBT that you are anti-union...just how sad is that? Like I said over and over again...the rank and file is the union...It should be always what's best for the rank and file...and when it's not...the IBT should damn well hear about it!

Now...as you say..."We have to get all the freight contracts whether they are NMFA or white paper to end at the same time". I agree...we should...but...that includes us all in the NMFA...even UPS Freight.Where was the public outcry when UPS Freight didn't get included in the NMFA? Not only did the IBT came up with an agreement that got it out of the alignment but the YRC Teamsters themselves voted for that agreement.Why is that Crazy? Where you thinking of that when you voted for that agreement? How about the pension being part of that agreement? Now tell me...just where was the solidarity in that agreement?

As I stated...we have to get our solidarity back...but that would have to come from the combined effort of all the rank and file's effort and that includes the UPS Freight Teamsters demanding to join us in the NMFA. I hear all this talk about the ABF Teamsters should get a two year contract for that reason but I sure don't hear anything about the fact that UPS Freight should be in there with us too...do you?

Where's all the support from the YRC Teamsters and the UPS Freight Teamsters encouraging us to go for that two year contract to get things back on track...so that we all can stand together and be in the NMFA once again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's all the support from the YRC Teamsters and the UPS Freight Teamsters encouraging us to go for that two year agreement to get things back on track...so that we all can stand together and be in the NMFA once again?
Fawgedaboud the 2 year contract. McReynolds will not agree to it..the fool thinks you can do better without YRC.
Do you actually believe solidarity will grow unionized freight? You can't be serious. Any teamster that has seen the decline in teamster union power but not connect it to FedEx and a bad economy is living in a world of fantasy. When jobs are on the line everybody is on their own. Remember..Hoffa or Obama can't help you

It's about being competitive not about solidarity. If TDU were calling the shots there would still be no teamster clout. The old thinking was 'we will have fewer jobs but better jobs' is not making sense today. The way to grow teamster rank and file jobs in freight is being competitive.

Start with the dock and work rules. The dock is the pits as far as money well spent..really a too high cost in this day and age.:coffee1: That would be the least painful compromise. The pension they can't touch. Figure on losing a week vacation. Keep your hourly rate and pension and wait for better days

Docker, the ABF contract expires April 1. The UPSF contract expires August 1. It would be great if we all joined forces. Pick YRC up in 2 years on a type of me too agreement. Then perhaps have something to offer the nones that would make them want to join us. Sadly, it's not in the future right now. BTW I am a UPSF Teamster but spent many years in the NMFA.

Fawgedaboud the 2 year contract. McReynolds will not agree to it..the fool thinks you can do better without YRC.
Do you actually believe solidarity will grow unionized freight? You can't be serious. Any teamster that has seen the decline in teamster union power but not connect it to FedEx and a bad economy is living in a world of fantasy. When jobs are on the line everybody is on their own. Remember..Hoffa or Obama can't help you

It's about being competitive not about solidarity. If TDU were calling the shots there would still be no teamster clout. The old thinking was 'we will have fewer jobs but better jobs' is not making sense today. The way to grow teamster rank and file jobs in freight is being competitive.

Start with the dock and work rules. The dock is the pits as far as money well spent..really a too high cost in this day and age.:coffee1: That would be the least painful compromise. The pension they can't touch. Figure on losing a week vacation. Keep your hourly rate and pension and wait for better days

One thing that I can say without a doubt...solidarity will never grow with you around!!!!!!!! And consider that a big plus that you are now retired...so just sit back and do what you do best...keep those fingers at the keyboard and keep making a fool of yourself Mr. Self Proclaimed Negative Thinking and Paranoia.

By the way...just what in the world would you know about solidarity anyway? You are all about your pal Billy boy and show no remorse for what he caused your Brothers and Sisters at YRC! You are all about what is in the best for your continuing pension and that means at any expense to the rank and file today! You are all about congratulating Junior and Tyson on the job of diminishing our solidarity. That's what you're all about!

Docker, the ABF contract expires April 1. The UPSF contract expires August 1. It would be great if we all joined forces. Pick YRC up in 2 years on a type of me too agreement. Then perhaps have something to offer the nones that would make them want to join us. Sadly, it's not in the future right now. BTW I am a UPSF Teamster but spent many years in the NMFA.

But why isn't that the case Roadrunner73?

Now...as you say..."We have to get all the freight contracts whether they are NMFA or white paper to end at the same time". I agree...we should...but...that includes us all in the NMFA...even UPS Freight.Where was the public outcry when UPS Freight didn't get included in the NMFA? Not only did the IBT came up with an agreement that got it out of the alignment but the YRC Teamsters themselves voted for that agreement.Why is that Crazy? Where you thinking of that when you voted for that agreement? How about the pension being part of that agreement? Now tell me...just where was the solidarity in that agreement?

As I stated...we have to get our solidarity back...but that would have to come from the combined effort of all the rank and file's effort and that includes the UPS Freight Teamsters demanding to join us in the NMFA. I hear all this talk about the ABF Teamsters should get a two year contract for that reason but I sure don't hear anything about the fact that UPS Freight should be in there with us too...do you?

Where's all the support from the YRC Teamsters and the UPS Freight Teamsters encouraging us to go for that two year contract to get things back on track...so that we all can stand together and be in the NMFA once again?

I was outraged and voiced my opinion with the local when they put UPSF under a white paper contract as we all knew that it was the beginning of the end for the NMFA and I seem to remember that ole Zollars was already looking at it to go after concessions..I remember reading it somewhere but cannot find it right now..As far as our vote with YRC and the concessions I was 4 times a no vote..and had many a squabble with your buddy "the Joe" as he pushed the concessions so much on here many believed he was management..As far as the UPSF agreement goes from what I figured and I don't know how it was country wide but here most of the guys thought they were going to get a better than the NMFA or that is what they were led to believe..You have to remember that a lot of these guys were former Overnite guys with the anti union instilled in them..As far as getting all the freight guys under the same contract I highly doubt that it will ever happen but maybe with a change of leadership at the top it is possible..I agree with you that it is up the rank and file but all we got to do now is get them to vote and that alone is a big task..

The UPSF contract vote was a sham from the start. They came to an agreement and put it to a vote in 1 terminal (Indy) It passed overwhelmingly, I think 1 no vote was cast. Then it was presented across the country, one terminal at a time, each terminal being counted individually. I backed the Teamsters getting in. I told everyone that they know how to negotiate a contract. The Teamsters certainly proved me wrong. The contractor issue here is insane all because of the lousy language which was used in the contract.

I was outraged and voiced my opinion with the local when they put UPSF under a white paper contract as we all knew that it was the beginning of the end for the NMFA and I seem to remember that ole Zollars was already looking at it to go after concessions..I remember reading it somewhere but cannot find it right now..As far as our vote with YRC and the concessions I was 4 times a no vote..and had many a squabble with your buddy "the Joe" as he pushed the concessions so much on here many believed he was management..As far as the UPSF agreement goes from what I figured and I don't know how it was country wide but here most of the guys thought they were going to get a better than the NMFA or that is what they were led to believe..You have to remember that a lot of these guys were former Overnite guys with the anti union instilled in them..As far as getting all the freight guys under the same contract I highly doubt that it will ever happen but maybe with a change of leadership at the top it is possible..I agree with you that it is up the rank and file but all we got to do now is get them to vote and that alone is a big task..

So...tell me...what is your opinion...would you like to see an ABF two year contract...and if so...why?