ABF | ABF's Operating Ratio for 3rd Quarter 2007 is 93.8

HillBilly Frog

TB Veteran
Credits
ABF's Operating Ratio for 3rd Quarter 2007 is 93.8

(Fort Smith, Arkansas, October 26, 2007) — Arkansas Best Corporation (Nasdaq: ABFS) today announced third quarter 2007 net income of $18.9 million, or $0.75 per diluted common share, compared to third quarter 2006 net income of $31.5 million, or $1.24 per diluted common share. Arkansas Best’s third quarter 2007 revenue was $479.8 million compared to third quarter 2006 revenue of $507.3 million.

http://www.abfs.com/about/news/2007/p102607.asp

I'm sure Davidson will say it's because we are not flexible enough.

Welcome to truckingboards Deer Hunter. Good to have you with us. Hope you'll tell others about us.

ABF's Operating Ratio for 3rd Quarter 2007 is 93.8

(Fort Smith, Arkansas, October 26, 2007) — Arkansas Best Corporation (Nasdaq: ABFS) today announced third quarter 2007 net income of $18.9 million, or $0.75 per diluted common share, compared to third quarter 2006 net income of $31.5 million, or $1.24 per diluted common share. Arkansas Best’s third quarter 2007 revenue was $479.8 million compared to third quarter 2006 revenue of $507.3 million.

http://www.abfs.com/about/news/2007/p102607.asp

Looks like The boss is still planning on pulling out of central states. Ill bet that goes over like a tird in the punch bowl.

I am sure that their investment into the PSE operation has most of the shrinking of the margin.

I sure hope so but the way his dissertation sounded it sounds like as far as he is concerned its already done.
He came into his position saying the things he is still saying. He seems to think if HE says something that makes it a fact. I believe that we who belong in the CSPF have some say as to whether or not he can withdraw from the funds. If we allow it to happen then shame on us.

He came into his position saying the things he is still saying. He seems to think if HE says something that makes it a fact. I believe that we who belong in the CSPF have some say as to whether or not he can withdraw from the funds. If we allow it to happen then shame on us.

I noticed ABF stock closed at 28.91 a share today. It was 34 at one point last week. you would think with positive 3rd quarter earnings it would have gone up instead of down. I give up trying to figure out what makes the stock market tick.

I just read the release. Earnings were positive but below Wall Street expectations. Outlook was negative. Operating Ratio was okay because company is holding pricing firm at the expense of tonnage. I am no expert, but guessing the stock is falling along with other LTL companies. Everyone is struggling

The withdrawal from CSPF aint goin' to happen.

The smaller profit margin is from the company investment into PSE. A worthwhile investment, in my opinion.
This in itself is a revelation from me, because as we all know.
Mikey, he hates everything. Yeah lets give it to Mikey......Hey look....he likes it...Hey Mikey.

I noticed ABF stock closed at 28.91 a share today. It was 34 at one point last week. you would think with positive 3rd quarter earnings it would have gone up instead of down. I give up trying to figure out what makes the stock market tick.

Compared to below five bucks a share when they bought Carolina. Not bad.

I'm sure Davidson will say it's because we are not flexible enough.

Thats why they've begun offering YOGA classes at Fart Schmitt, they plan on expanding the program once they can kiss their own:butt kiss:

Lord I apologize for pickin on the unflexible.

Well I heard that blob says hes' going to work for a dollar a year salary, until he gets back to 89.1 where dave left off. So if you do the math properly, a dollar a year, plus benefits, equals about 2.4 million a year. Not bad.

Theres a positive side to ABF's earnings this last quarter.
It may have cost them $.93 & 1/2 cents to make a dollar,so that means they made a profit of 6.2 cents per dollar spent.

When I was working for Teamster LTL companies all the way back in the 80's just after deregulation kicked in.
If any of those LTL's were able to make at least one penny on every dollar spent they felt they were doing alright.

My last Teamster LTL company I was working fultime were going over a dollar to make a dollar,it wasn't long before they became history.

I don't know if any of you rememeber an LTL company called Transcon?

But they operated around $1.03 for over one year before they dropped out of business.

So in the long run whenever any company is able to make a profit,no matter how small.
There going to be able to keep on operating.

Now if you could just get rid of all the people who are milking the time clock you could make more money.

Employees don't think they are hurting anybody when they take a long break on company time.
But in fact they are hurting everybody when they take a few extra dollars off the company,they are taking job security away from all of their co-workers.
A little,here and there with enough workers and it all adds up.

Maybe just my opinion.
But I've seen this type of practise more then a few times over all the 44 years I've been a trucker.