ABF | Abolished A Perfectly Good Bid

bullfrog75

TB Lurker
Credits
Was informed a week ago the bid I previously hold was being abolished along with another bid thats run opposite days of me. The bid I have is a M-W-F....09.00 start time and the other is a Tue-Thur-Sat..09.00 start time On the notice i received it stated (OPERATIONAL NEEDS) was the reason. When I questioned my Driver Supervisor as to the reason he said it was because the other 2 bids they have the drivers were having trouble making it back and that it will be slowing down soon and they are limited to where they can (VIA) us enroute to our home terminal. I told him maybe you should have cancelled their bids instead. The bids in which I and the other driver presently hold are Start Time Bids, meaning you just show up at the window at your designated start time, the other two bids the driver gets called at home. After getting a (GOOD LAUGH) from my supervisor's explanation I told him I beg to do differ with you for the simple reason being the Terminal in question I take (Timekeeper and Hvx Frt). out and bring the same back, plus the terminal is calling us on 8 and going out the gate on our rest. Out of all the terminals in the system that has (UE DRIVERS) coming in every night this terminal moves approx. 800 to 900 bills a night across the dock and that is just the (Timekeeper and Hvx Frt) not to mention the other Frt. in which they handle locally. After bringing this to his attention he just sat there with the (DEER IN THE HEADLIGHT LOOK). Things that make you go HMMmmm!! Have a good week everyone and be safe!!:1904: