About 40% of Americans with student loans aren't paying, Wall Street Journal reports

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rastus, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Don't forget jimmy it takes a village

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

We both know, there's an easy cure for stress. That is called losing yourself in Hard Work!

3. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

$15 an hour isn't much of a living, thats why it should be the new minimum. Hopefully those businesses will pay more.

4. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Minimum wage employees.
    That group represents 4.3% of the nation’s 75.9 million hourly-paid workers and 2.6% of all wage and salary workers. In 1979, when the BLS began regularly studying minimum-wage workers, they represented 13.4% of hourly workers and 7.9% of all workers.

People at or below the federal minimum are:
    Disproportionately young: 50.4% are ages 16 to 24; 24% are teenagers (ages 16 to 19).
    Mostly (77%) white; nearly half are white women.
    Largely part-time workers (64% of the total).

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  5. Bubba74

a lot of businesses do pay more however if you were paying $10, now you have to pay $15your expenses for labor have just gone up 33% that money has to come from somewhere so either prices go up to cover the costs or someone loses their job

what is often missed in this argument is that throughout the 80's when I was growing up, minimum wage was an entry point for teenagers and young people, not a career path
    what has gotten completely lost is the responsibility of the worker to make themselves valuable to their place of employment
    I see these people protesting for $15 an hour for low/no skill jobs, I don't feel for them. I know these people. These are the ones that slept through high school, were disruptive forces in the class room and dropped out. Then realized that life doesn't give a crap about your self esteem. You are uneducated, lazy, made bad choices and now to quote Rev Wright, "the chickens have come home to roost."

All this does is further encourage the bad behavior because once again, people are not held accountable for their actions

Northern Flash likes this.
  6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Another example of your clueless beliefs. The veteran driver/dock workers doesn't wreck trucks or freight, where that 25 year old racer is busting :shit: up every time you turn around. I'll take a veteran over a 25 year old any day.

Rastus, kboomarang and jimmy g like this.
  7. Northern Flash

A veteran worker works smarter not harder. Veterans make things look easy by having an efficient routine and movement. Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off (like a 25 year old does) does NOT make them a better worker. In fact, that's exactly why they make so many mistakes.

jimmy g likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

But now we've become a society that holds no responsibility for anything. These buffoons who slept through high school want everyone else to pay for their stupidity via higher (un-earned) wages. Stupidity and irresponsibility needs to stop being rewarded if this country ever wants to stop sinking toward the bottom.
    Anyone who thinks that the typical fast food worker deserves a high wage is incompetent and more than likely qualifies as a fast food worker. No skills required, no education required.......but wants big bucks.
    :regretful:

Commiefornia looks like a good place to start with the new Burger Maker 2000. They should sell like hot cakes.

9. Northern Flash

Yep. In the mind of the Libs, it does. In their mind, nobody can do anything themselves, gotta have the "village" and the Govt. there to protect us and feed us.
    Their entire campaigns prove what their mentality is. Everything is telling us what they (they new President and Govt.) can do for the people. Just buying votes, with tax payer money.

10. Northern Flash

Minimum wage was never meant to live off. Those are stepping stone jobs.
    Do you realize how many other people will need a raise to stay ahead of the new minimum wage? Watch for the job losses. Technology will eliminate that $15.00 wage real quick.

11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

When I hear that stress causes sickness and therefore unemployment, I am reminded of the 50 year old lady who runs the Flying J in Rawlins, Wyoming. She's had cancer, heart attacks, lost fingers, lost her sister in an accident. Now she limps, quite possibly the start of Parkinson's like her Mom has. Yet she works the midnight shift, never misses, always cheers drivers withat an ever present smile, and is the epitome of class.

Attitude is everything....

12. Magoo

I'm sorry but you have received bad information.
    President Roosevelt created it and specifically said it will be a wage someone can live on.

I'll post this in hopes that you all read it and don't repeat the same bs about minimum wage.
    Thank You for your cooperation in this matter

[​IMG]

13. Magoo

OK boss, I hope they at least pay her the minimum wage.
    Don't forget to tip generously.

14. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Sure makes you wonder why the left insists on opening our borders to more and more cheap labor, seems it would be a better plan to let the market set wage levels.......oh wait ....that's whats happening because of all the cheap labor flooding in here.

Northern Flash likes this.
  15. Magoo

I see you guys are in favor of being paid what the company thinks your worth.

16. aflifer

aflifer Well-Known Member

Free market......supply and demand.....

Would it be better to be paid what the government thinks we are worth?

I can't think of one person that is probably being paid what THEY think they are worth....

17. Rastus

Commie

18. Rastus

Wonder how much people who work at colleges must make to have a useless degree cost so much?
    Maybe the justice dept. should investigate.

19. Bubba74

the justice Dept would never investigate Big Education, after all that is the liberal strong hold and everyone knows that libs take good care of each other (look at Hilly, if this were the Bush administration, they would want the Sec of State hanged, drawn and quartered)

see the problem with this is the overall premise that all business is bad and all business owners are crooks trying to screw over their employees. Are there companies like that out there, sure but most are not like that at all. I have never worked for anyone where I did not agree to be compensated for my work prior to being hired.
    These people agreed to work for (insert Burger joint here) for (insert dollar amount here) now they want a massive raise. How is that fair (one must remember this is all about "fair")?
    The saddest part which they will not understand until it is too late, when they are replaced, they will have already destroyed the purchasing power of the money
    Thus any savings they might have or the unemployment they draw will be depreciated
    (the Law of Economics)

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Does this 'Lets go back to what was originally set up in the 1930s' mean that now you will agree that Soc Sec was only an income tax that Congress can spend as they want, that you paying that tax means nothing other than you paid an income tax, and that you have no claim to any nonexistant old age fund? SCOTUS said all that in 1937,