FedEx Freight | ? about accidents vs. tickets

rockytopvols

TB Lurker
Credits
How is that a driver can go out and wreck and cost the company several or many thousands of dollars vs someone who has gotten tickets in their own vehicle and could face losing their driving job forever (if you have 5 tickets in 3 years including seat belt you lose your driving priviledges with FedEx FOREVER) and can only work the dock but the driver that cost the company lots of money still has their driving job. It's funny how there are drivers that hit stuff on the yard and has cost the company $10 to $30 thousand dollars or even more and these idiots still have their jobs. I just find this ineresting!! Hey red shirts out there explain this one or even better Fred explain how this happens. Maybe the ones that cost the wrecks they know how to :butt kiss:kiss butt very good :hysterical:

Maybe thought is that tickets in your personal vehicle reflect a pattern a behavior that may well cary over into the work vehicle. Repeated tickets are probably a very large red flag. I know drivers who have had wrecks that resulted in tens of thousands of dollars in damages who still drive. The key is in their total points. Meaning, it was an isolated incident. They couldn't have had tickets on their personal MVR or other points on the company safety record. Most of these guys continue working safely for years.

if someone has 5 tickets in 3 years

I surely don't want them driving anything around me

Why would that be?

Just because you get a ticket doesn't necessarily make you a bad driver, heck they can write you for 1 mph over, doesn't make you dangerous, just unlucky you got caught. most of the time in my personal vehicle I set the cruise between 60-65, yes that's in a 60 mph zone yet even at that I nearly get run over, yet I could still get a ticket for speed, now careless and imprudent may make me wonder a little bit.

FM

I'm sure there are some exceptions to the rule
but generally speaking if someone is getting a ticket
every 7 months or so: that says something about em'
I'm not sure if they care enough for me to want to work around em'
who knows what else they don't respect or care about

At viking / FedEx we have a very good reputation with the law enforcement they let us get away with a lot more than your average Joe would. If I can talk with a cop most likely I can talk my way out of a ticket. I don't think this makes me a bad driver after all 3 million miles and still counting. I just know when and where I'm going and what time I will be there. When a cop pulls you over and seys why shouldn't I give a ticket the proper answer is " because you are a really nice guy and you are you like me". at least it work for me. I'm sure AF was the same way too.

How is that a driver can go out and wreck and cost the company several or many thousands of dollars vs someone who has gotten tickets in their own vehicle and could face losing their driving job forever (if you have 5 tickets in 3 years including seat belt you lose your driving priviledges with FedEx FOREVER) and can only work the dock but the driver that cost the company lots of money still has their driving job. It's funny how there are drivers that hit stuff on the yard and has cost the company $10 to $30 thousand dollars or even more and these idiots still have their jobs. I just find this ineresting!! Hey red shirts out there explain this one or even better Fred explain how this happens. Maybe the ones that cost the wrecks they know how to :butt kiss:kiss butt very good :hysterical:

hawkeye,you know better than that you have a CDL thats your life you need to protect your CDL at all times i know i do i have a family to support i know better than to speed in my personal vehicle or in the truck at work wear your seat belt at all times,it sounds like your blaming the company when you should be blaming yourself for your driving tactics,the company has rules when it comes to your CDL there trying to protect you and themselves from any wrong doing,im not trying to be rude about this ,its just the way it has to be, be carefull out there and cherish that CDL.:1036316054:

Maybe thought is that tickets in your personal vehicle reflect a pattern a behavior that may well cary over into the work vehicle. Repeated tickets are probably a very large red flag. I know drivers who have had wrecks that resulted in tens of thousands of dollars in damages who still drive. The key is in their total points. Meaning, it was an isolated incident. They couldn't have had tickets on their personal MVR or other points on the company safety record. Most of these guys continue working safely for years.

I completely agree about the pattern of behavior. I think you nailed it. I would add though, that the person with the accident that cost the co. $$$ had his record checked out for a pattern of behavior also. More than likely, if you have a good record, and depending on the nature of the accident, they'll allow you a mistake or two.

I never said that I had gotten tickets I was just wondering the differnce. I was just curious about what the difference is? We have had some guys cost thousands and thousands of dollars to company property but still drive. Some of the guys have had multiply accidents in company vehicles and it just seems like they get to keep their jobs. I just dont understand.

Ask the insurance companies !

The insurance underwriters decide the companies policy's on drivers. The company pays insurers to cover their butts. Insurance companies get to pretty much write the rules. They use their formulas to figure risk and profit.
They probably know the odds and how they will play out in court cases involving our driving records. Big self insurers probably do the same. At I believe at National we only need one careless/wreckless in our own car, motorcycle and we are gone.

Heck we have a guy that hit a car , laid the truck over , hit a bridge , a list a mile long. he screws up at lease once ever 6 months, he due again so look out. CCM wanted to get rid of him but HRO said no. It's going to be a bad one this time, hope one gets hurt could cost the company alot of money this time around. He still working here, so my job is secure

The insurance underwriters decide the companies policy's on drivers. The company pays insurers to cover their butts. Insurance companies get to pretty much write the rules. They use their formulas to figure risk and profit.
They probably know the odds and how they will play out in court cases involving our driving records. Big self insurers probably do the same. At I believe at National we only need one careless/wreckless in our own car, motorcycle and we are gone.

I thought FX was self insured?

FM