Central Transport | about layoffs

jimmygeorge76

TB Lurker
Credits
seems that vitran will be cutting their own necks by laying off drivers. shouldnt layoffs come from dock up? nothing against dock guys, but as a driver we can offer so much more. im on a forklift everyday at my barn. can dock workers get in a truck and pick up freight when things get in a pinch? again nothing against the dock guys, just hate seeing drivers on the street when they are more valuable to the company.

layoffs

they would rather replace a top rate driver,with 2or3 weeks vacation, for a newbe at the new lower rate, proof they don't care about customer service just the bottom line. fired in canton.

seems that vitran will be cutting their own necks by laying off drivers. shouldnt layoffs come from dock up? nothing against dock guys, but as a driver we can offer so much more. im on a forklift everyday at my barn. can dock workers get in a truck and pick up freight when things get in a pinch? again nothing against the dock guys, just hate seeing drivers on the street when they are more valuable to the company.

Dont forget about the guys that just have a class b cdl too. They cant jump into a truck and hook a 48' or 53' to make a delivery. I dont want to see anyone lose a job but they have to look at who is most valuable.