Yellow | Absenteeism Papers

What happened to his days? Did he use his sick days not being sick? Granted when my kid got married out of state I had 6 months notice so I could plan. You telling me a guys knows his son is in service, would graduate sometime, and didn't bother to keep any days available?

Still, if it were me, I'd go, and it would be my only offense in 6 months, so it wouldn't be an issue, estinuating circumstences down the road. Do whatever family comes first.

Now if the fish are biting, I might have another circumstence. But that's a different day and time

I was thinking the same thing... I know too many people that burn their days and then want "extras" for "once in a lifetime events".... Kids HS graduation... Guy has NO days left DUH....What you didn't know June was coming around?

You know... the way vacation and sick-days are 'awarded' you are always getting a 'new set' of something.. Sick days in Jan, vacation in May... apply just a few min for planning and your set....

I would suspect you could not come up with a single incidence of the scenario you speak, "Time and again" sounds like the last conference call rhetoric to me. I can but it was one man in 12 years and 5 different Terminals. And the company did "NOT" want to fix it, he was just to damn special.

You know - There are about 10 guys in the barn who... on their seniority dates and Jan 1st inspire 'betting pools" to rival the Super bowl... know what they are? We all pick the month and day when they will be 'out of vacation days" or 'out of sick days' - whichever they have just been awarded...

So - MR. X. get's his 15 days of vacation in June... we all 'bet' figuratively when MR. X will be out of vacation days.... don't pick a date in Aug because you will LOSE for sure, 15 days don't last that long!! Same with his sick days (those rarely make it out of Jan) -

TELL ME THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM!!! OH - and to boot... no one tells this guy to pull his head out of his nether region and grow-up... they just keep 'defending' him.... "But his kid is graduating, getting married, wife had surgery etc.. and he NEEDS To be there!!! OK so perhaps he should learn to be responsible...

Just saying....

I have example after example if you TRULY want to hear them all..... Both on the good side (saved days, has no problems) and on the bad side (can save a day to save his life)... management as well... truth be told - you don't want to hear it.. do you really??

Two guys - each 10 min late.. one is disciplined with a letter, one with suspension... BOTH have exact same circumstances.....
So I ask the steward - what do you fight for... for both to have letter or both to have suspension?
Steward tells me.. both should get letter - fight for "lesser punishment"...
I disagree... Go to 'rules' figure out which step is NEXT and apply accordingly...
steward - NO - can't do that - have to fight for lesser punishment -
Yep... that's what I'm talking about - 'stand behind stupid behavior".... Don't make the guys "own" their behavior... pat them on the back and say - it's management's fault for not following the 'rules'.... and at the same time they are skirting the rules.... :regretful: :regretful:

I see it just the opposite, Management that wants to treat every absence as a crime against Humanity while requiring a Man to work well beyond the norm of 45 hours. Seen it time and again a man would state I need off by 6:00 and the Brain trust he advised would go out of their way to circumvent his request. Then again I'm one of those "Idiots" that sat across from the table from you at the panel and shoved it back in your ass.

- Don't know what to say... do you think they should run a taxi service to go pick you up and put another driver in your cab to finish your route? It can't be easy to "manage pick-ups" and get a driver off at a certain time.... How about you give it a whirl.... let me know how it works out when your the "brain trust".... See if you can get every driver off at the time he wants to leave... I'm just assuming we are talking drivers as dock workers are off by the bell... at least in my world....

well since the brain trust that have been doing it are a big failure ,maybe they should just get rid of them all and start from scratch .maybe the zoo can hire out a couple of chimps .
couple of business classes and you all become experts at moving freight and dispatching trucks ...... big fail

- Don't know what to say... do you think they should run a taxi service to go pick you up and put another driver in your cab to finish your route? It can't be easy to "manage pick-ups" and get a driver off at a certain time.... How about you give it a whirl.... let me know how it works out when your the "brain trust".... See if you can get every driver off at the time he wants to leave... I'm just assuming we are talking drivers as dock workers are off by the bell... at least in my world....
The people I dealt with are long gone, and if I could not dispatch a man out once in awhile at a certain time I would think I'm a failure at my job. "Every Driver", are you serious. Don't BS me about doing it better....I did it every day on my peddle, along with having to know where I may be tied up so that it impacts my next PU and adjusting accordingly I had to make sure not to run over Grandma. You make the same excuses, I heard it all before, also caught one particular "Idiot" laughing when he sent a man into a place that we all knew would hold him up. Several others drive by and wave on the way back in....Go ahead and explain the top notch job to me again.

You know - There are about 10 guys in the barn who... on their seniority dates and Jan 1st inspire 'betting pools" to rival the Super bowl... know what they are? We all pick the month and day when they will be 'out of vacation days" or 'out of sick days' - whichever they have just been awarded...

So - MR. X. get's his 15 days of vacation in June... we all 'bet' figuratively when MR. X will be out of vacation days.... don't pick a date in Aug because you will LOSE for sure, 15 days don't last that long!! Same with his sick days (those rarely make it out of Jan) -

TELL ME THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM!!! OH - and to boot... no one tells this guy to pull his head out of his nether region and grow-up... they just keep 'defending' him.... "But his kid is graduating, getting married, wife had surgery etc.. and he NEEDS To be there!!! OK so perhaps he should learn to be responsible...

Just saying....

I have example after example if you TRULY want to hear them all..... Both on the good side (saved days, has no problems) and on the bad side (can save a day to save his life)... management as well... truth be told - you don't want to hear it.. do you really??

Two guys - each 10 min late.. one is disciplined with a letter, one with suspension... BOTH have exact same circumstances.....
So I ask the steward - what do you fight for... for both to have letter or both to have suspension?
I disagree... Go to 'rules' figure out which step is NEXT and apply accordingly...
Yep... that's what I'm talking about - 'stand behind stupid behavior".... Don't make the guys "own" their behavior... pat them on the back and say - it's management's fault for not following the 'rules'.... and at the same time they are skirting the rules.... :regretful: :regretful:
why are you so jealous that these guys have a family life and you decided to dedicate yours to a trucking company .?
you made the poor choice not them
its just a damn job
many work to live you decided to live to work . I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU . FEEL BETTER NOW :fingure:

The company is its worst enemy
Heres how.Offering up overtime earlier in the week.Duh you think that worker is going to be around by thursday or Fri at the latest?Heck no.He or she made their pay early in the week.Another for instance on the latter.I didnt see anything wrong with the two notices and the third youre fired which was in our last MOU.Often was the case the violator that was fired go their job back.What makes this new absenteeism language any better than the first?The violators get more chances with the new MOU.So show up for work ontime.simple answer.For God's sake do some work while you are there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Brothers & sister I hate to say this but you just can't fix stupid. Look at the COO's, this absenteeism policy, the so called iron fist mentality of management. Which time & time again has fallen on its own sword with failed results to which we march by. Don't want to or can't hire enough people to do the work cause the casuals attitude is you need me more than I need you so go ahead and fire me for coming in late. Wait a minute you don't have anyone cause the city guys are maxed out on hours. So I do the right thing and help to get that freight out for the road guyz but I worked 63 hrs that week. Guess what I got a letter for doing the right thing.....".WRONG!!!!! In the company eyes it is the wrong thing".

Its one thing to love what you do and not like your boss but it is another when you don't want to do the one thing you love cause its not enjoying the environment in which we work in.

why are you so jealous that these guys have a family life and you decided to dedicate yours to a trucking company .?
you made the poor choice not them
its just a damn job
many work to live you decided to live to work . I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU . FEEL BETTER NOW

Not Jealous... just smarter than you apparently....

TELL ME THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM!!! OH - and to boot... no one tells this guy to pull his head out of his nether region [/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]and grow-up... they just keep 'defending' him.... "But his kid is graduating, getting married, wife had surgery etc.. and he NEEDS To be there!!! OK so perhaps he should learn to be responsible...

Just saying....

Wow.... company man! You should stand in the driver room and recite the new MOU absentee rules in case the terminal manager fails to discipline somebody. Rotten lazy drivers... yeah be sure to stick up for the company and their new toy. I would hate to see somebody not get fired....

Just saying....

So you are saying that you should decide when it is ok for everyone else to take their vacation?
You are so wise that you know better than people themselves when they should use their vacation?
Is your name Gladys Kravitz?
Do you do any work or just stand around monitoring everyone else?
You sound like a work place virus.

So you are saying that you should decide when it is ok for everyone else to take their vacation?
You are so wise that you know better than people themselves when they should use their vacation?
Is your name Gladys Kravitz?
Do you do any work or just stand around monitoring everyone else?
You sound like a work place virus.
Gladys Kravitz? Wasn't she the maid on the TV show Hazel?