SAIA | AC going in all 2000 and newer trucks

rewind

TB Lurker
Credits
I just got back from Smith System training in Atl last week and got to meet up with the big wigs. And went to dinner with VP Tony A. and he told us that they are going to retrofit all city units that do not have ac that are 2000 and newer.

That shouldn't be too expensive considering most city units are 95's to 99's. The only 2000 or newer at DLS are the ones inherited in the Clark Bros. purchase. And there weren't too many of those. One might suspect that the condition of the individual tractor might dictate whether or not it gets A/C installed.

I just got back from Smith System training in Atl last week and got to meet up with the big wigs. And went to dinner with VP Tony A. and he told us that they are going to retrofit all city units that do not have ac that are 2000 and newer.

I ain't trying to bust nobodys chops here but I have heard that since 2001 about the 95,and 96 IH's. I ain't seen that happen either.

I'm beginning once again to think management is full of hot air and more empty promises than a presidential candidate. They will study something to death and then declare the idea unusable. Occasionally, if it doesn't screw up the numbers they will toss us an old dried up bone to chew on.