AC Hartness

A.C. Hartness - My Daddy

Thank you for the kind words about my Daddy, A.C. Hartness. He was truly a Teamster through and through...I have many memories of events that he took me to at the Union Hall or to McLean's. My Daddy was the greatest man I have ever known...he taught me so much...about love, compassion, commitment and forgiveness.

I miss him terribly...I had so many more things I wanted to do with him...I would give anything to have just one more Fishing trip with my Daddy...just one more meal...just one more of his stories with his full belly laugh. I had hoped to turn him into a "snow bird" and have him with me in Florida at least half the year...already had a home on the river about a block away from my home picked out and ready to purchase for him to live. He was my hero...and not a day goes by that I do not think of him...so many times I think what would Daddy do/say?

I kept my promise to my Dad ... made about a month before he passed ... he asked me to take care of his beloved dog, Zelda. It has not been easy at times...she has had some serious issues (Glaucoma - which became excrutiatingly painful) so I had her eye removed and she is doing much better. She is about 14 years old and had spent her entire life being a companion to my Dad. She is the greatest comfort to me...she has become my true companion...much like she was with Daddy. It was a battle deciding to remove the eye...I could hear my Dad say, "See there Zelda...you popped out Bridget's (Mom's poodle) eye and this is what happens to you" and then he would have laughed, rubbed her all over and told her that she is pretty anyway.

It really means so much to hear others comments and feelings regarding a lost loved one...thank you again...and if anyone else would like to share anything about my Daddy, A.C. Hartness - "The Big Heart" I would be so appreciative.

The following website will take you to a guestbook where you can leave your thoughts or stories...there is no charge. Thanks.
Guest Book - Aaron Clark Hartness

Hey Pat.....thanks for the post and welcome to the boards.:1036316054:

I more or less grew up in you guys house when I was young. That was over 35 years ago.

I can thank your dad for getting me my job at RDWY. I put in my application and AC helped me get on. My timing wasn't the best because the Teamsters soon called a strike against RDWY.

He saw me one afternoon after he had been walking the picket line all day and asked if RDWY had called me to work. I told him no and he said they may because everyone was out on strike. Here's what he told me.........."I've known you all your life and if you try to cross that picket line I will break out your windshield".

To some that read this they may not understand what he was saying.........I understood. As Teamsters you have to be true to your brothers and true to your word.

I can say that AC was that.

He is missed............Docksteward.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

you-are-in-my-thoughts-and-prayers-candle-and-hands.jpg