Yellow | Accelerated Service D.O.A.

Havoc

It's better to burn out than to fade away
Credits
How's the Accelerated shipping going at your terminal? At my small terminal in southeast Kansas it looks like a bust right know. The supervisor said we may have had 10 Accelerated shipments for the first month and most of those were in the first 2 weeks. A far cry from the 50 a week they were planning on. Here's the confusing part, management told us how the new Accelerated service was going to generate freight for our terminal and what a money maker it was going to be and how happy the shareholders would be, but our management doesn't want to work our regular freight yet alone the influx of additional freight generated by Accelerated accounts. Monday our management sent a trailer of our regular freight that we work everyday to OKC because our management was too lazy to stay while we worked it, it was good skidded freight with lots of bills and good weight. When they got the trailer to OKC and weighed it was actually overloaded. If our management doesn't want to stay at work and do what it takes to make our terminal succeed then their bosses should send them home and let them stay there. Maybe management can do this or anything they else they want , but to do it because they are flat out too lazy to stay says how sad the situation is and none of if is the fault of the hard working Teamsters at this terminal. I hired in here in the seventies and I've seen more blundering decision making by management the last 10 years than I did the first 30.

How's the Accelerated shipping going at your terminal? At my small terminal in southeast Kansas it looks like a bust right know. The supervisor said we may have had 10 Accelerated shipments for the first month and most of those were in the first 2 weeks. A far cry from the 50 a week they were planning on. Here's the confusing part, management told us how the new Accelerated service was going to generate freight for our terminal and what a money maker it was going to be and how happy the shareholders would be, but our management doesn't want to work our regular freight yet alone the influx of additional freight generated by Accelerated accounts. Monday our management sent a trailer of our regular freight that we work everyday to OKC because our management was too lazy to stay while we worked it, it was good skidded freight with lots of bills and good weight. When they got the trailer to OKC and weighed it was actually overloaded. If our management doesn't want to stay at work and do what it takes to make our terminal succeed then their bosses should send them home and let them stay there. Maybe management can do this or anything they else they want , but to do it because they are flat out too lazy to stay says how sad the situation is and none of if is the fault of the hard working Teamsters at this terminal. I hired in here in the seventies and I've seen more blundering decision making by management the last 10 years than I did the first 30.
Well, after 36 plus years , haven't you had enough of this ?? I know I would have.

qPVjCov.jpg

I had 10 accelerated bills from one shipper Friday night. Trailer we load accelerated only.... 53 footer was full by 10 pm. We start at 4 pm. Now whether all this stuff is making it to the other end? I don't know.
36 years... Glad this is not the only place I've ever worked. We have 3 guys who started their first jobs here. One was 18.....mid 50's now. No way out.... Like looking a long prison term... Lol.... Not really funny but humor has to be injected.

I had 10 accelerated bills from one shipper Friday night. Trailer we load accelerated only.... 53 footer was full by 10 pm. We start at 4 pm. Now whether all this stuff is making it to the other end? I don't know.
36 years... Glad this is not the only place I've ever worked. We have 3 guys who started their first jobs here. One was 18.....mid 50's now. No way out.... Like looking a long prison term... Lol.... Not really funny but humor has to be injected.
Glad to here your Terminal is doing well with the new Accelerated service. It's just sad to see our management put so little effort into anything around here . I'm actually working on year 38, and yes it's always good to keep a little humor in your life.

I know we get alot of accelerated Frt. Thing is I don't know if it makes it on time.
They seem to be trying by consolidating it and getting it to Dallas early. Now what 511 does with it? I don't know.

the district sales manager tells us the service is 99% on-time and the bill count is growing daily. He seemed very pleased with the results so far and the extra revenue it's bringing. Lots of fanfare from what I've seen and seems to be a good idea so far. I hope your terminal situation gets better.

I was told Yrc created the accelerated program to compete with FedEx priority services. I personally have yet to pick up an accelerated bill however.

I haven't seen 1 piece of Accelerated freight over the last 2 weeks.

We had a butt load of it last night again. Certain shippers are shipping every shipment with it. Miss one... Maybe it pays for all?

We had a butt load of it last night again. Certain shippers are shipping every shipment with it. Miss one... Maybe it pays for all?
No free shipments on accelerated. If it is late they still have to pay. We are selling service, not guaranteed though

Wouldn't be able to tell the difference between accelerated and time critical from the way bill anyway. Only shows up on a DR.

Our clerk stamps it on the top of the bill. So we know. Already had five shipments tonight. Seems to be working here. 525.

Our clerk stamps it on the top of the bill. So we know. Already had five shipments tonight. Seems to be working here. 525.
Does your terminal have local sales people?
were only getting a few per day, but we only have 1 local salesman. Does your barn have more local sales people?