Yellow | Accelerated Service D.O.A.

From reading the threads it looks like location is a big factor in the growth of the Accelerated Service. Good luck to the
terminals that are experiencing more freight and new customers due to the Accelerated Service. It feels like our management is just happy getting by. All they want is just enough freight that they can get their numbers and keep their jobs, growth would be more work for them and they don't want that. I also agree with mysticobra all freight should be treated like it's Accelerated Service.

If there are no customers who need or want Accelerated Service (either inbound or outbound) in any particular area then I doubt if it's a service that can be marketed. Why would anyone pay extra for expedited service they don't need?

Why would anyone pay extra for expedited service they don't need?[/QUOTE said:
Because the customer says it get there when he wants it there and pays for it. That simple. That's what the driver said of one customer. He... they ship 10 - 15 shipments a day. It's ugly freight and I would suppose it's the last thing a stacker messes with while loading. So seeing how it's ugly freight it now gets moved out quickly on one trailer all at once. Whereas it may go on five or six different load out doors.

Sorry about the way the quote looks with the answer... I goofed up somewhere!

2 months after the initiation of the Accelerated Service, the so called most significant launch in 2 decades we have yet to gain 1 new customer from it. Will it be another 2 decades until their next brainstorm?

2 months after the initiation of the Accelerated Service, the so called most significant launch in 2 decades we have yet to gain 1 new customer from it. Will it be another 2 decades until their next brainstorm?

When you say "we have yet to gain 1 new customer from it" are you referring to just your particular terminal or are you speaking system wide? Just curious.

Another month is coming to an end and I can't remember the last time I've heard any management personal even mention Accelerated service. When the Accelerated service first went into effect they wanted 50 Accelerated service shipments a week, now they don't even act they care. Our small terminal in southeast Kansas continues to be hindered by lackadaisical management that cares nothing about seeing this terminal prosper. As long as we have enough freight for management to keep their jobs, that's all they care about. We had one Teamster quit last week and another one quitting in a couple weeks. Both are going to what they feel are better jobs because the future just doesn't look that good here. Both men were very good workers and not easily replaced. There's some very serious problems here that can't be talked about at this time , but will be in the future. Finally some individuals are speaking out and taking action to get this management mess cleaned up.

Another month is coming to an end and I can't remember the last time I've heard any management personal even mention Accelerated service. When the Accelerated service first went into effect they wanted 50 Accelerated service shipments a week, now they don't even act they care. Our small terminal in southeast Kansas continues to be hindered by lackadaisical management that cares nothing about seeing this terminal prosper. As long as we have enough freight for management to keep their jobs, that's all they care about. We had one Teamster quit last week and another one quitting in a couple weeks. Both are going to what they feel are better jobs because the future just doesn't look that good here. Both men were very good workers and not easily replaced. There's some very serious problems here that can't be talked about at this time , but will be in the future. Finally some individuals are speaking out and taking action to get this management mess cleaned up.
Serious problems a every barn. But we get alot of accelerated and etimes. Both get unloaded and out first. At least they go to the efforts to do that.

[QUOT ="Havoc, post: 1064964, member: 35008"]Another month is coming to an end and I can't remember the last time I've heard any management personal even mention Accelerated service. When the Accelerated service first went into effect they wanted 50 Accelerated service shipments a week, now they don't even act they care. Our small terminal in southeast Kansas continues to be hindered by lackadaisical management that cares nothing about seeing this terminal prosper. As long as we have enough freight for management to keep their jobs, that's all they care about. We had one Teamster quit last week and another one quitting in a couple weeks. Both are going to what they feel are better jobs because the future just doesn't look that good here. Both men were very good workers and not easily replaced. There's some very serious problems here that can't be talked about at this time , but will be in the future. Finally some individuals are speaking out and taking action to get this management mess cleaned up.[/QUOTE]
Look I've been to your terminal.I understand your frustrations.Your tterminal is situated in a bad locale.Youve got Kansas City, st louis, okc and Springfield mo surrounding your location.Baxter Springs has never been a major juggernaut

If there are no customers who need or want Accelerated Service (either inbound or outbound) in any particular area then I doubt if it's a service that can be marketed. Why would anyone pay extra for expedited service they don't need?
Or they can get as standard service somewhere else

Your right when you mention our location, we're not exactly the center of the universe. But regardless of your location or what you think of your management we all want to see our Terminal do well. We just had another man give his resignation this week, this makes 3 Teamsters to quit this month. They all felt like there's no future here. They talked the talk and they walked the walk, I respect that in them.

How's the Accelerated shipping going at your terminal? At my small terminal in southeast Kansas it looks like a bust right know. The supervisor said we may have had 10 Accelerated shipments for the first month and most of those were in the first 2 weeks. A far cry from the 50 a week they were planning on. Here's the confusing part, management told us how the new Accelerated service was going to generate freight for our terminal and what a money maker it was going to be and how happy the shareholders would be, but our management doesn't want to work our regular freight yet alone the influx of additional freight generated by Accelerated accounts. Monday our management sent a trailer of our regular freight that we work everyday to OKC because our management was too lazy to stay while we worked it, it was good skidded freight with lots of bills and good weight. When they got the trailer to OKC and weighed it was actually overloaded. If our management doesn't want to stay at work and do what it takes to make our terminal succeed then their bosses should send them home and let them stay there. Maybe management can do this or anything they else they want , but to do it because they are flat out too lazy to stay says how sad the situation is and none of if is the fault of the hard working Teamsters at this terminal. I hired in here in the seventies and I've seen more blundering decision making by management the last 10 years than I did the first 30.
One of the supervisors who was so lazy they would send our freight down the road so they wouldn't have to stay over while we worked it has finally succumbed to the pressures of the freight business and 8 hour's work. They went to their doctor and told him the job was causing them mental distress. Needless to say the doctor removed the supervisor from work. The only mental problem this supervisor ever had was their mental negligence of their own job. The mentally distressed supervisor's job has been filled by a new supervisor and now mental distressed supervisor hasn't any job to return to. Life goes on without you!

Not to say the least buuuuut,YRC Freight lost Caterpillar and Ford Motor company due to price hike.This happened recently
And not excluding maybe those two companies found out that their freight was being hauled with long haul irregular route carriers and not what they paid for for us to haul it

Raleigh, Nc 616. We get about 125 accelerated a week. Our customers love it. Some ship all their shipments accelerated. Doing well for us.
That's really good. I don't know what is wrong with our barn, we just continuously lose business and are doing very little accelerated, maybe 20 bills a week. It's really hard to gauge how well the company is doing because where I'm at it looks like we're going out of business. Good to hear something positive.

How's the Accelerated shipping going at your terminal? At my small terminal in southeast Kansas it looks like a bust right know. The supervisor said we may have had 10 Accelerated shipments for the first month and most of those were in the first 2 weeks. A far cry from the 50 a week they were planning on. Here's the confusing part, management told us how the new Accelerated service was going to generate freight for our terminal and what a money maker it was going to be and how happy the shareholders would be, but our management doesn't want to work our regular freight yet alone the influx of additional freight generated by Accelerated accounts. Monday our management sent a trailer of our regular freight that we work everyday to OKC because our management was too lazy to stay while we worked it, it was good skidded freight with lots of bills and good weight. When they got the trailer to OKC and weighed it was actually overloaded. If our management doesn't want to stay at work and do what it takes to make our terminal succeed then their bosses should send them home and let them stay there. Maybe management can do this or anything they else they want , but to do it because they are flat out too lazy to stay says how sad the situation is and none of if is the fault of the hard working Teamsters at this terminal. I hired in here in the seventies and I've seen more blundering decision making by management the last 10 years than I did the first 30.
We managed to gain a little extra freight because of the holidays and once again management is too lazy to stay and work it. The men are here and ready to work it but management just puts a seal on the trailer and sends it down the road because management doesn't want to stay an extra hour to work it. I still say YRC should send the current management home and let them stay permanently, this terminal is going nowhere with the current management.

We managed to gain a little extra freight because of the holidays and once again management is too lazy to stay and work it. The men are here and ready to work it but management just puts a seal on the trailer and sends it down the road because management doesn't want to stay an extra hour to work it. I still say YRC should send the current management home and let them stay permanently, this terminal is going nowhere with the current management.
The are like flies on ::shit:: here with accelerated freight. I gets annoying at times. They get chewed out for it. We get nothing so it's just freight to me.