Yellow | Accelerated Service D.O.A.

Does your terminal have local sales people?

were only getting a few per day, but we only have 1 local salesman. Does your barn have more local sales people?
Good question.
I don't know. I do know we had some. Whether they are still around.. Don't know... Don't care.
I start at 4 pm. And when I get there everyone is gone. Office people. And I really don't pay attention to anything. Even preshift. All BS anymore. But I am sure we do. We are a small terminal but are in a big metro area so I'm sure we do.
You have to remember dock people are the dregs of the company. At least that's how we are treated and thought of. Chimps moving freight with no intelligence. Of course they are wrong. But we are behind the scenes and do not get much information.
We didn't have any long trailers last night but we loaded two pups of accelerated last night. One pup was only maybe six bills not sure how many was on the second.
Freight was light last night. Unusually light.

We've left unworked freight each of the past 2 nights, management would rather start out in the hole everyday then stay over a little and keep caught up. It's no wonder were not getting any Accelerated Freight here, our freight hasn't done anything but spiral downwards over the last few years. This terminal is desperate for change!

We've left unworked freight each of the past 2 nights, management would rather start out in the hole everyday then stay over a little and keep caught up. It's no wonder were not getting any Accelerated Freight here, our freight hasn't done anything but spiral downwards over the last few years. This terminal is desperate for change!
Even with a light night we had a bay full of freight they didn't send out.
On a busy night they do what you do... Leave it in the yard for the next day.

If you really feel that management at you terminal is screwing up - honestly and not just "all management sucks crap", why don't you or somebody else compose a reasonably intelligent email pointing out what is honestly going wrong and send it to somebody at the executive level? They (executives) can't know everything that's going on in each and every terminal so give them some legitimate feedback. Remember, if they're making money our chances of an increase are greatly improved. Help your own cause or don't complain.

First off don't tell me not to complain, I will if I want to. Second more then one person, including myself has complained to higher ups and it does no good, nothing changes.

First off don't tell me not to complain, I will if I want to. Second more then one person, including myself has complained to higher ups and it does no good, nothing changes.
It never did much good to complain to higher ups... Even when we were making money...

I'll tell you anything I want to tell you, what you do with it is up to you.

May lightning strike me if I ever get on Truckingboards and claim to be YRC Management !

All in jest. That's would be an insult to any driver or dock worker. We have more brains and common sense to ever enter management!
But there are many on here who think that management is doing a terrible job, but would they themselves be able to make better decisions, even as a union person???

But there are many on here who think that management is doing a terrible job, but would they themselves be able to make better decisions, even as a union person???
We could and do make decisions. They don't know it. But as for us going into management and making decisions. No... I don't think so. They run on numbers. We don't. Management cannot be union. We know that. This is all hypothetical. We make better decisions everyday. You know that. If we didn't do what was actually right we wouldn't be here. If we followed all they said to do and didn't use our own common sense we wouldn't be here.

We cand do make decisions. They don't know it. But as for us going into management and making decisions. No... I don't think so. They run on numbers. We don't. Management cannot be union. We know that. This is all hypothetical. We make better decisions everyday. You know that. If we didn't do what was actually right we wouldn't be here. If we followed all they said to do and didn't use our own common sense we wouldn't be here.
Both lower management and labor are being screwed.So whats the difference? The company gets what they pay for.Lots of hours and low pay.

Both lower management and labor are being screwed.So whats the difference? The company gets what they pay for.Lots of hours and low pay.
That's true. I've given up being motivated. I know what I said in my above post but I don't do anything on my own anymore. I wait for work assignment. Period. One other dock worker who has been on the dock six months after giving up the bobtail.... tired of driving... Jumped my ass for waiting 20 minutes for a job assignment. He had no business doing it and made a fool of himself in the meantime as you cannot voice your frustration onto other people you work with... Well you can.... But you will be told upfront to F-off.....I've been on the dock along time... Very long time. I don't need any frickin driver who does take it upon himself to do things without being assigned to do them. Nothing wrong with that. And I don't tell him not to. I used to do it myself. But I know no matter how frustrated you become on the dock you do not tell people in an angry voice hat to do because we get paid the same.
Sorry... Expressing what happened a few days back.
Yes... That's what management wants. So I don't do it. They know it and we're actually gonna give me a reprimand for not wearing a seat belt. No one does. Too much up and down and I have never worn one. But.... If they ask me I will. They don't ask.
I will stop... Off topic and rambling is my forte.

How's the Accelerated shipping going at your terminal? At my small terminal in southeast Kansas it looks like a bust right know. The supervisor said we may have had 10 Accelerated shipments for the first month and most of those were in the first 2 weeks. A far cry from the 50 a week they were planning on. Here's the confusing part, management told us how the new Accelerated service was going to generate freight for our terminal and what a money maker it was going to be and how happy the shareholders would be, but our management doesn't want to work our regular freight yet alone the influx of additional freight generated by Accelerated accounts. Monday our management sent a trailer of our regular freight that we work everyday to OKC because our management was too lazy to stay while we worked it, it was good skidded freight with lots of bills and good weight. When they got the trailer to OKC and weighed it was actually overloaded. If our management doesn't want to stay at work and do what it takes to make our terminal succeed then their bosses should send them home and let them stay there. Maybe management can do this or anything they else they want , but to do it because they are flat out too lazy to stay says how sad the situation is and none of if is the fault of the hard working Teamsters at this terminal. I hired in here in the seventies and I've seen more blundering decision making by management the last 10 years than I did the first 30.
Not trying to be a smart ass but sending your statement to 10990 Roe Av. Overland Park Ks. 66211 may get better results.