Yellow | Accelerated Service D.O.A.

But there are many on here who think that management is doing a terrible job, but would they themselves be able to make better decisions, even as a union person???
Yes we could ! I know you could along with albag and Triplex.

Here's my idea.....6 freight handlers (3) from Y and (3) from R, the same with 6 Yard, 6 P&D and 6 Road, a Labor Panel to make suggestions and offer real solutions to these simple problems that they can't identify never mind solve .

Here's my idea.....6 freight handlers (3) from Y and (3) from R, the same with 6 Yard, 6 P&D and 6 Road, a Labor Panel to make suggestions and offer real solutions to these simple problems that they can't identify never mind solve .
What kind of health and welfare package would you guys offer?
Maybe a retirement package?
If so... I'm in too.....! :off topic:

Shouldn't it be 6 from YRC, not 3 from Yellow and 3 from Roadway. I assume that's what you meant.

Shouldn't it be 6 from YRC, not 3 from Yellow and 3 from Roadway. I assume that's what you meant.
I was figuring half from each Legacy Company. To bounce ideas and solutions off of each other to see what worked or didn't work prior to the Merge, and what's not working for YRCF now !

Now as far as this new Service goes, being on the Road only and never having to interact with Customers, I have noticed a definate increase in the PTS runs in Carlisle over the past Month.
So I asked about it and was told that we are using them for this new Service. I count at least 8 per day, the Switchers are watching closely and giving the #'s and times to our BA., and yes, our Extra Board is getting paid run-a-round claims if they sit home and PTS is used.

A few things I would want to see first,for the selected people to be a part of any labor panel, they would have to have at least some of these qualifications.
Freight handlers that move more than 3 bills per hour, and properly use air bags and deck bars.
Yard people that hook more than 1 set per hour, and make sure truck was fueled.
Peddle drivers that do not say, I don't deliver residentials, schools, churches, and will not say, I will not make any pickups until I am empty, and take a pallet jack with them.
Road drivers who do a proper pretrip, focusing heavily on brakes, lights, and tires, and take off the fuel cap and look in the tank to make sure they have enough fuel in case gauge is not working.

Ok. Gotta go mow 2 lawns. Take your shots at me while I am gone, and I will check in later.

A few things I would want to see first,for the selected people to be a part of any labor panel, they would have to have at least some of these qualifications.
Freight handlers that move more than 3 bills per hour, and properly use air bags and deck bars.
Peddle drivers that do not say, I don't deliver residentials, schools, churches, and will not say, I will not make any pickups until I am empty, and take a pallet jack with them.
Road drivers who do a proper pretrip, focusing heavily on brakes, lights, and tires, and take off the fuel cap and look in the tank to make sure they have enough fuel in case gauge is not working.

Ok. Gotta go mow 2 lawns. Take your shots at me while I am gone, and I will check in later.

Spot on my friend, I totally agree, I just didn't want the hate mail. You're bigger and tougher than me !

Road "prima donna's" drivers that do a pre-trip ??? WHAT ??? 99% of road drivers "REFUSE" to do pre-trip or post trip , because they say they don't get paid for it, let alone screw off fuel cap to see it has fuel and this battle has been going on for years !!

Road "prima donna's" drivers that do a pre-trip ??? WHAT ??? 99% of road drivers "REFUSE" to do pre-trip or post trip , because they say they don't get paid for it, let alone screw off fuel cap to see it has fuel and this battle has been going on for years !!
Wong, next time you and BRG are @ 135 @ 16:30, I'll demonstrate how a Real Deal Big Time Professional Teamster Freighthauler does a perfect Pre-trip !

It's a pipe dream. Senior management is not interested in the opinions of frontline employees. Teamsters or supervisors. IMO the fundamental obstacle has been identified, but no one will address it. We seem to have no time to do things right, but infinite time to do over.

It's a pipe dream. Senior management is not interested in the opinions of frontline employees. Teamsters or supervisors. IMO the fundamental obstacle has been identified, but no one will address it. We seem to have no time to do things right, but infinite time to do over.
Well said, but I can dream can't I ?

So you are suggesting to eliminate the stringer position so your fellow road driver can be compensated.

Eliminate the breakdown pad classifieds as well, might save the company some money, the money they save, they can put it in that pot with the big hole in it.

He is not suggesting that at all. What he is suggesting is what I am too. No positions would be eliminated, just do your dam assigned work as safely , and efficiently as possible.
You left out the compensation part jamie. Sorry to touch a nerve. As a road driver I don't complain about flipping a wrong placard trailer, dispatch pays me half hour for flipping placard. But will not pay us to pre-trip. The miss placared trailers makes it up for me. I have no complaints jamie.

You can make more money if the truck runs out of fuel.

You left out the compensation part jamie. Sorry to touch a nerve. As a road driver I don't complain about flipping a wrong placard trailer, dispatch pays me half hour for flipping placard. But will not pay us to pre-trip. The miss placared trailers makes it up for me. I have no complaints jamie.

Why the smartass attitude ("Jamie") where all the poster is saying is that all of us should just do our jobs correctly?

Not getting paid to do pre-trips as a road driver is as it always was for decades, past practice if you will. We get paid much more than the hourly rate when you calculate our effective hourly pay for mileage based road work. You might want to stop trying to pick the fly ::shit:: out of the pepper.