Yellow | Accelerated Service D.O.A.

No that is not what he is saying. What he is saying is that there is an enormous number of yard men not doing their jobs. When a unit is parked on the Ready Line it's not YRCF supervisors. It is our so called brothers and sisters who put them there NOT READY! BTW, if they won't do their FN jobs then maybe they do need to be eliminated, not the job just the BD who won't perform it correctly.
Al I've been around awhile and I've never seen a Yardman pre-trip a unit he hooked or take it thru the shop. Not saying it wouldn't be a good idea given the age of the fleet just wasn't done. I do remember a time when ALL drivers did a pre-trip and went thru the shop if needed but not so much anymore. Doesn't seem to be a SOP for anything at YRC anymore.

Al I've been around awhile and I've never seen a Yardman pre-trip a unit he hooked or take it thru the shop. Not saying it wouldn't be a good idea given the age of the fleet just wasn't done. I do remember a time when ALL drivers did a pre-trip and went thru the shop if needed but not so much anymore. Doesn't seem to be a SOP for anything at YRC anymore.

True, no one cares. Pass the buck, it's not my job. Not in my contact. Brotherhood

Last edited:
Road "prima donna's" drivers that do a pre-trip ??? WHAT ??? 99% of road drivers "REFUSE" to do pre-trip or post trip , because they say they don't get paid for it, let alone screw off fuel cap to see it has fuel and this battle has been going on for years !!

And you can back this statement up right....

True, no one cares. Pass the buck, it's not my job. Not in my contact. Brotherhood

I see quite a few road drivers at 326 doing a pretrip with the hoods open, flashlights lit up, Billy clubbin the tires, under each trailer lookin, but that's at 326 can't speak for your domicile

I think he's exaggerating a little. But there is significant evidence that "key in the ignition" is a PTI!
And I guess that's why he's proud to joke he drives for a company that makes his belly turn when he sees them in is domicile yard hooking to a trl that his brother ought to be pulling.

Remember when the inbound drivers parked it at the fuel lanes ?
Mechanics checked everything before it even went to the yard. Skipping the shop was done to speed up time thru break.
Now its breaking their bank account.

Remember when the inbound drivers parked it at the fuel lanes ?
Mechanics checked everything before it even went to the yard. Skipping the shop was done to speed up time thru break.
Now its breaking their bank account.
I will say this before 2007 @342 roadhostlers broke, hooked, fueled,washed windows, cked lights, tires,air leaks, oil, washer fluid, and so on....