Yellow | Accelerated Service D.O.A.

Accelerated = joke. I've seen hundreds of bogus program failures over the years. The buffoons running this turd ship couldn't manage themselves out of a paper bag. With the current management we have, those fat cats are looking to fill their wallets from our givebacks. Not really interested in moving freight. After they've stolen all they can. they'll cast us aside like a homeless dude begging for cash.
When they ask for a sales lead, I tell them they're like a schizophrenic girlfriend who can't make up her mind about what she wants.
If there's garbage freight that's easily damaged, YRC is all over it. Anything square and easy to load we can't make money on it.
Funny thing is, the competition does fine hauling it.
Don't get to excited about a failed program. There'll be more.
Installing cameras in tractors instead of fixing roofs on trailers is just another blunder in a list of many. The clowns in Kansas City haven't figured out yet, if you CAN"T get your customers freight to them damage free and DRY, well you just won't have any customers. Thank goodness we'll be saving money on accident claims though.
Those dummies they hired from Claims-Way buffaloed Welch, and Jamie long hair for top salaries. They saw us coming a mile away.
One fail after another.
And to think, years ago I actually had a good attitude.
I go to work everyday just to get a laugh. You have to pay attention closely, there's so much stupidly funny crap that happens over the course of a day at our barn. It's a comedy show from the time we punch in til the time we go home.
We should record and sell it as a reality show.
Reality show huh? You could be on to something big . With tv revenue this company could start turning some nice profits and who knows, maybe launch Welch and Jamie " power mullet" for prez 2020.

Had them at Pacific Intermountain Express. Jiff's separate the men from the boys.
Is there a union carrier in the last 60 years you didn't work for, Triplex? From coast to coast and back again! :clapping:

Were you at PIE when they merged with Ryder? Young guys like me have only read about those days, just kids in the early years of deregulation.

I was there in years before deregulation and those really were the good old days. There was a time I was just as proud to say I worked for Yellow as I was to say I was a Teamster. Those days are long gone and never coming back. YRC management continues to strip away the dignity of this company at a pace I didn't think was possible, but they've accomplished it in record time.

I worked at both P.I.E. and Roadway in early 1982 as a casual. P.I.E. stopped calling me and then Roadway put me on full-time.
Another move that worked in my favor that I never planned.

Loaded the first order of Accelerated Freight I've seen in 3 weeks last night. It was 1 box going to an individual. The Accelerated service has been ongoing for almost 2 months, it has to be a lot then this to be a success.

Loaded the first order of Accelerated Freight I've seen in 3 weeks last night. It was 1 box going to an individual. The Accelerated service has been ongoing for almost 2 months, it has to be a lot then this to be a success.
We load a whole 53 footer and then some. We are in a large metro area. We get a bunch of it. They must be pushing it pretty hard. First thing I did yesterday was load eight.. Nine bills of it...

We load a whole 53 footer and then some. We are in a large metro area. We get a bunch of it. They must be pushing it pretty hard. First thing I did yesterday was load eight.. Nine bills of it...
That's good to hear, hope it keeps up for you. They can't seem to figure it out here.

All I know one shipper uses it exclusively. That was what I loaded. The driver who picks him up everyday says they like it because it gets there on time. They have really ugly freight. Forklift blades to big old dumps and other forklift accessories. Stuff you don't want to load around. But we do get quite a bit beyond that too. All shipments shoukd move no matter what. Can you imagine if all freight actually was treated like accelerated? We wouldn't have enough equipment or people to handle it.
But... They just let stuff sit for days. Stupid. Just move it. :6799:

I think if your barn is in a larger city you hearing
Is the Accelerated Freight your getting new freight from new customers that were attracted by the service or is it freight that you were already getting from old customers who just wanted to try the service.

Last edited:
Is the Accelerated Freight your getting new freight from new customers that were attracted by the service or is it freight that you were already getting from old customers who just wanted to try the service.
I think it's both.

And about the way this sh%$#&%$ company has gotten. I've been here since 1983 and the safety award in my avatar is one of my last safety awards. We have 8 drivers reach there million and no one says s&%$. But Road or P&D I do a pretrip for myself so I have a better chance to live another day.

And about the way this sh%$#&%$ company has gotten. I've been here since 1983 and the safety award in my avatar is one of my last safety awards. We have 8 drivers reach there million and no one says s&%$. But Road or P&D I do a pretrip for myself so I have a better chance to live another day.
Moral is in the toilet. Flushed and long gone. Too expensive to give an atta boy every now and then.
Galen Roush has rolled in his grave so many times his bones have turned to dust!
He at least acknowledged his employees and knew they were an asset.

We've had 1 man get his Million Mile award under the present TM yet TM treated him like he had the plague when he had to give him his award, but he was happy to give his butt kissn buddy a key to our shop for his own personal use.