SEFL | Accident 6/15/07 around 1 am I-75 N.

BigW-RD

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know how the driver is that had a accident this morning 6/15 about 12:45-1 am this morning, on I-75 North bound? I was going south right after it had just happened and the tractor was fully engulfed in flames, the police nor the fire trucks have gotten there yet. I hope and Pray he was able to get out. May God Bless him. I driver for Wilson and I consider all of the LTL drivers out here a big family, we have to look out for each other. Let's all be safe.
God's Safety , BigW-RD

Driver is ok, He suffered some burns and injuries to his leg. He has already been released from the hospital, and his wife brought him home. He is out of the Valdosta terminal.

I came by last night 16 HOURS after the wreck and traffic was still backed up 16 miles and the trailer was just parked on the shoulder, I was told he died.

I am glad to hear he made it out alive....he is one lucky Freighthauler to get out of that one!......KK

ok i have heard a 1000 different versions of this story already. i had a load to pick up in mcdonough yesterday at the 216 xt. i left and went to the t/a at the 201 and waited around for hrs hoping it would clear up some. from some drivers there they said he died. it took me 1 hr and fifteen minutes to go from the 201 xt to the 219. it was a van trlr btw and it was burnt pretty good. they had some ltl company backed up to it cleaning it out. southbound was backed up to the 675/75 connector and n/b was back past the 201 from what i heard from other drivers.

There must have been a news report about such a bad wreak as you are all saying this was on this thread.
Is there any news paper that would of had the whole story?
You need the date,and the town it happened in,or near.
Most accidents go unreported,but whenever theres a death there will be news about it some where in the local area.

Just a thought if you really want to get the full story.

Country Cousin, you are correct. It was Kango, out of Valdosta. He is back home now and will recover. He is very lucky.

I heard about the accident on a conference line right after it happened.I was told their was a fatality.Very happy to hear the driver made it out of that inferno.I hate to hear about any fatality in our line of business but it kinda hits home when its a fellow LTL driver..

Can someone let Kango know that we at Wilson and all the other LTL drivers out here our sure GLAD that he is ok. And to hurry up and come on out to play. We have a terminal in Val. and pass your terminal going to ours. God Bless him and have a speddy recovery. Oh !!! Happy Fathers Day Kango I think you got yours a little early and I praise God for that.
Your Friends BigW-RD

Can someone let Kango know that we at Wilson and all the other LTL drivers out here our sure GLAD that he is ok. And to hurry up and come on out to play. We have a terminal in Val. and pass your terminal going to ours. God Bless him and have a speddy recovery. Oh !!! Happy Fathers Day Kango I think you got yours a little early and I praise God for that.
Your Friends BigW-RD

AMEN . BigW-RD

Drive safe

cc