FedEx Freight | Accident 81 Va

Grumpy O' Man

TB Veteran
Credits
Please keep one of your Greensboro N.C. drivers in your prayers.Involved in a roll over.Another Driver hit him on 81 yesterday.Very lucky to be alive.But,he is still in hospital with a lot of injuries.

Heard about it yesterday afternoon, all of the CLT drivers were accounted for so wasn’t sure who was involved.

Thoughts and prayers go out to this driver and his family for a speedy recovery!!

Heard about it yesterday afternoon, all of the CLT drivers were accounted for so wasn’t sure who was involved.

Thoughts and prayers go out to this driver and his family for a speedy recovery!!
My wife is friends with the driver's wife.She informed me about it yesterday.Another Gbo driver was following I believe.

This is one of my best buddies, we have been working together since 1986 ... He is ok , he has a cracked sternum , broke ribs, bruised heart and lungs but he is expected to be ok... I was off that day and he was actually driving my tractor , here is a pic sent to me
qlPKXKf.jpg

This is one of my best buddies, we have been working together since 1986 ... He is ok , he has a cracked sternum , broke ribs, bruised heart and lungs but he is expected to be ok... I was off that day and he was actually driving my tractor , here is a pic sent to me
qlPKXKf.jpg

Man! That hits close to home. Glad he'll be OK.

Thanks for sharing. These things can happen any time. Any day. We need reminding sometimes...

Jeff, was that one of the new Volvos? R20 or so, with the Cummins? It seemed to take it pretty well... Glad he's going to be okay...

I read the story, assuming he was in the 2018...

I never liked that stretch. Doing it at night, could be terrifying... Guys asleep at the wheel for miles, finally hit terrain, then it's all over.

Last edited:
Jeff, was that one of the new Volvos? R20 or so, with the Cummins? It seemed to take it pretty well... Glad he's going to be okay...

I read the story, assuming he was in the 2018...

I never liked that stretch. Doing it at night, could be terrifying... Guys asleep at the wheel for miles, finally hit terrain, then it's all over.
No that was a 2018 or 2017 Peterbilt with first two numbers are 21

qlPKXKf.jpg
cTSqbWX.jpg

Jeff, since you don't have a tractor, maybe I can get you this as a loaner.

The shop will tell you that in a few months after you get a boil on your butt from slip seating disgusting units and you snap.

In 1986 I was working p&d for Hall's Motor Transit.
One winter I was driving a Ford twin-screw day cab & was cut-off on one of my Rochester,New York expressway's
I jumped a guard rail & hit a stone wall head-on,it is a miracle I didn't die.

However the saddle tanks & axles blew off,the motor was pushed under the firewall,& the cab shifted.
The frame was okay so the company fixed it,after 2 months it was back in service.