Accident NYS thruway near exit 43

nemf

TB Lurker
Credits
NEMF accident east of exit 43 9-15-08

I don't have any more details.
nemf%20accident%209-15-08.jpg

Terminal 65 driver.

Said the front end went out - banging and vibrating out of control.

Volvo 9883.

Driver ok.....

Another well maintained piece of equipment!!!!!

I am glad the driver is ok, I agree, some of our equipment is not very well maintained. Also some of the mechanics are missing a few bolts if you know what I mean.

Gee wiz fellas I have a lot of internet news sources to search out crashes to post on the Accident forum.
I just looked everywhere I could for any internet reports on this crash,and came up empty.
I live in the Rochester area and know this exit very well.
Its the Rt 332 canadaguia exit,if it happened exiting from the west,the ramp is very wide,with plenty of room to slow down till you arrive at the toll booth.
But if it was coming from the east,or getting on from 332 to west bound on the thru way.
that ramp is very narrow,and is shaped like a horse shoe.
there have been a number of semi rollovers on that ramp over the life of our thru way.

Either this crash report hasn't been posted by any news service yet.
Or New England Motor Freight was able to keep it out of the news?

I did my best to find something on it,but its nowhere to be found on any of my sources.

Glad to hear the driver was ok. Need's to make sure he thanks B*b C$o@@ for catching that. No doubt the truck was probally just PM'ed recently. Becareful if you get anything done to your truck at #65, alot of "Afro-American Enginering" goes on there.

It was at 338. east ended up in the swampy area, all the paper said was there was lane blocked for cleanup