Central Transport | Accident Policy

Jake1978

TB Lurker
Credits
Why is it that if a PJax legacy employee is in an accident causing more than $3000.00 in damage we get suspeneded till the company makes their decision whether to keep us or fire us. But then a Vitran legacy driver can get into an accident causing more damge than that and come back to work the next work day ith no time off even when the accident is his fault clearly. Can anyone explain this to me?

Really, are you sure about that? PJAX makes up the rules as they go along which is why there is nothing in writing. At Vitran we had an employee handbook AND an internal website with the rules clearly stated. Also, they never left a driver in limbo for months just to make him sweat it out until they made their decision.

Changes are coming fast and of all of you that think pjax is still in business is going to get a reality check fast. I am still trying to figure out why guys at this company still think they work for pjax. We are Vitran, and unless your checks say something different thats what you are to. So tired of hearing the pjax crap. We have a new president changes are taking place and rome wasnt built in a day he has a huge mess to clean up after all the pjax crap. I guess some of you in the system are wearing vitran uniforms too.

Really, are you sure about that? PJAX makes up the rules as they go along which is why there is nothing in writing. At Vitran we had an employee handbook AND an internal website with the rules clearly stated. Also, they never left a driver in limbo for months just to make him sweat it out until they made their decision.

that previous comment came from someone who supposedly left the company, but keeps on popping on this forum to put his two cents on things. in all actuallity he probably never left.

Changes are coming fast and of all of you that think pjax is still in business is going to get a reality check fast. I am still trying to figure out why guys at this company still think they work for pjax. We are Vitran, and unless your checks say something different thats what you are to. So tired of hearing the pjax crap. We have a new president changes are taking place and rome wasnt built in a day he has a huge mess to clean up after all the pjax crap. I guess some of you in the system are wearing vitran uniforms too.
Stepnstone, I agree with you that we are Vitran, but when you are a legacy PJAX driver and you see PJAX management left in place, PJAX vacation scheduling policies used, PJAX overtime rules used, PJAX accident policies adopted, PJAX pay periods used, PJAX insurance carrier used, and when you go into customers and see they are still using the PJAX scac code and name two years after PJAX ceased to exist, I can understand why some drivers might wonder just who bought who, I personally wish all remnants of PJAX would go by the wayside, and we could truly start running as one company.

that previous comment came from someone who supposedly left the company, but keeps on popping on this forum to put his two cents on things. in all actuallity he probably never left.
I did leave and I do come back here for entertainment. I love the fact that 70 percent of the people on this forum are whiney little girls who are unemployable anywhere else. Instead of doing something about the situation they are in, they sit behind the computer complaining about how bad they have it. PJAX was a great company to work for, once we were bought we got stuck with horrible equipment as well as useless employees.

My first thought was maybe Pjax had a long term contract, but then again, never heard a freight contract go for 24 months anymore

vitran is running its company as regional ltl carriers. each company they bought pjax, chris, milan still has its corparate office in their region. this is mostly due as an insurance safeguard. if they get sued with a big judgement against them, they can close one region and use another one they have left to cover it. it make good business sense but doesnt really work when delivering freight. too much confusion. also remember that the owners of these companies they bought got alot of stock in vitran when they sold them.

So if we are full of duplicates, 3 or 4 bosses, safety, payroll, ect........ no wonder we cannot show a profit.

plus corp in pit has a suite to watch the steelers and 1 to watch the penguins, also i heard they have a handful of memberships to an exclusive country club. must be nice to not show a profit, but still retain these things.