ODFL | Accident resulting in laying the truck over

flybynite

TB Legend
Credits
I understand that a driver from SEA was involved in a accident this past week. I'm not sure of the exact location, whether it was Oregon or Washington, not even sure of the exact day.

The driver is okay, pretty badly shaken up. A flat bed truck was making a U-turn in the median, and stopped for oncoming traffic, his flat bed trailer was still sticking out in the lane that the O.D. truck was in. The O.D. driver swerved to avoid the trailer, but the back box caught the end and flipped it over, thus turning everything upside down, both trailers and the tractor.

The flat bed driver got a ticket, I would of done a lot more.

I've met and talked a couple of times with the O.D. driver, real nice guy, been with the company for quite a few years.

Please remember him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

I received this info from a driver and dispatch, if anyone knows anymore or needs to correct anything please let us know.

Be Safe. Flybynite

I saw this posted in the company accident report.Not much detail [as usual] thanks for filling in the blanks,and glad our guy is OK.It was in yesterdays report[friday]must have been Wed.or early thursday.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I see this driver just about every day. He is back running already again and aside from a little banged up, he seems to be in pretty good spirits.

BTW, the driver of the flatbed made an illegal u turn across the median of I-90 trying to avoid the scalehouse. Hope his company has good insurance, I was on the clean-up and the tow company (who also provided a crew to help recover the freight) said this one was a no brainer on who was at fault.

Good insurance and a good lawyer I Imagine the state of Washington takes a pretty dim view of drivers making illegal U-turns to avoid the scales:nutkick:Really happy to hear our guy is back at work.