accrued sick leave

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
we were out on Saturday and my husband bent is big toe back to the top of his foot. On Sunday he thought it was broke. We went to the ER and it was only a sprain, Which can still take 3 to 6 weeks to heal. We have a doctors release for 10 days, In the mean time we have seen our regular DR twice and have had new Xrays to make sure there are no broken bones. OHFL says that is not enough proof that you can't work. They want our DR to fill out FMLA paperwork or else it is reason for them to write you up as an unexcussed absence and you can be suspended for it. So another words even with a DR excuse you still can't use the sick leave that your last contract gave you. They want to pay you about 1/5 of your time. How much more are you willing to give back.

Just a thought...
You have given the management types enough information to ID you. I would watch my back very closely. Good luck to the other half, that must have hurt big time.

Either they are misspeaking or you are misunderstanding. They (Oak Harbor) do not set the bar as to what is proof that he can work. The doctor's do. The doctor's note needs to be as specific as possible as to what he can and can't do. Such as, no standing for more than 15 minutes. No walking. No sitting. So on and so forth.

Now the FMLA part. The company can require you to be on FMLA for a serious health condition. This would be considered a serious health condition. If you go on FMLA you cannot be punished. If you don't go on FMLA they could give you one occurrence (per the contract) for this type of injury as long as he is off of work on consecutive days or claims it as intermittent leave. Make sure if he needs to go back to the doctor or gets reinjured he claims that as intermittent leave and he will be covered.