Yellow | Ad in the Chicago paper 3rd week in a row

Mike432

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
Hello from Chicago.
In the Chicago Sun Times for the 3rd week in a row there was a ad in the sunday paper looking for drivers WITH or WITHOUT experience .
Something is brewing .Sounds good to me !

The original post was hidden in the OS&D cage.
Cage. Lol.
It's more the whole dock nowadays. Or at least 3 bays of junk.
The osd clerk is in her 70's and gets rid of at least two cartons of damaged freight a day.
Of course 30 more a day come in behind that so you can imagine. Lol.
That does bring back some memories..

That ad could fit the majority of the trucking companies out there today, as far as experienced, or not... Just look at Live Trucking’s web site, and you will understand..

Cage. Lol.
The osd clerk is in her 70's and gets rid of at least two cartons of damaged freight a day.
Are you sure she is 70 or just looks that old from all the damaged freight

Well alrighty then good for her but shouldn't have to work that long
Told my wife a few days ago: (unless I change my mind), I plan to retire from trucking July 4, 2028. I'll be a little past 74. Then I plan to apply to push carts for Dollar General- its across from the Nursing Home.... I actually Like my job!

I'm a goal setter. The day I stop working is the day I start dying...

Last edited:
Told my wife a few days ago: (unless I change my mind), I plan to retire from trucking July 4, 2028. I'll be a little past 74. Then I plan to apply to push carts for Dollar General- its across from the Nursing Home.... I actually Like my job!

It's called contentment. Some find it, others never do.

It's called contentment. Some find it, others never do.

76 two Saturdays ago. Still having fun, even in the snow. :smile new:

Cage. Lol.
Why would an end of line terminal have that much OS&D freight?

Maybe Mud could come over to Indy to train you on the carts? He is lead cart man at the Family Dollar where he lives....

76 two Saturdays ago. Still having fun, even in the snow. :smile new:
Happy b-day.......bet you've used one of these. :1036316054:
7DConT6.jpg