ADHD meds and DOT drug screens

Hurstbourne

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone have any experience with doctor prescribed meds for ADHD? I already know the most commonly prescribed ADHD meds will show up on a DOT drug screen. Has anyone had any experience regarding showing a doctor's prescription to the drug screen provider and not being fired for a failed drug screen? I've been avoiding taking meds for ADHD, even though my wife and marriage counselor are strongly pushing me to reconsider. They both insist that a doctor's presciption will protect me in the event of a failed drug screen. I'm not so sure.

Hurstbourne

take your meds AS PRESCRIBED......

take the med bottles to the drug screening...!!

they will jot down the information....!!!

good luck...!!!

take your meds AS PRESCRIBED......

take the med bottles to the drug screening...!!

they will jot down the information....!!!

good luck...!!!

Thanks for your reply. Good advice. My biggest concern is that my meds will be for ADHD. The primary ingredient is an amphetamine. That's one of the five types of drugs a DOT drug screen specifically looks for. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has failed a drug screen due to their ADHD prescription and been able to keep from getting fired. In other words, does having a doctor's prescription for an amphetamine still give you imunity (since that's one of the five forbidden DOT drugs)?

Hurstbourne

As long as you have a valid script it should be good, the MRO may not advise the company before giving you the opportunity to explain. They must go through you first. As far as being able to drive a CMV on those meds IDK. I was always told if you were prescribed meds and the doc knows what you do for a living your good.

As long as you have a valid script it should be good, the MRO may not advise the company before giving you the opportunity to explain. They must go through you first. As far as being able to drive a CMV on those meds IDK. I was always told if you were prescribed meds and the doc knows what you do for a living your good.

kinda depends on the prescribed meds..frequently, i am put on cough medicine with codeine, which can cause drowsiness..

my doctor says take it when you know you will not be driving for several hours. so even though say the script says, "take every 4 hours, i may only realistically take it when i bed down. the rest of the day, i am not supposed to be taking it.

so in the most "general" of all terms/instances, the o/p is covered as long as he takes the medicine bottle to ANY drug screening. this way, he avoids that dreaded phone call from the MRO.

Somebody explain how this legalizing marrijuania is going with truck drivers and their drug test. How can it be legal in some states and not in others? If I drive truck (I do) can I use medicinal maryjanes?

Somebody explain how this legalizing marrijuania is going with truck drivers and their drug test. How can it be legal in some states and not in others? If I drive truck (I do) can I use medicinal maryjanes?

"The Department of Transportation’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulation – 49 CFR Part 40, at 40.151(e) – does not authorize “medical marijuana” under a state law to be a valid medical explanation for a transportation employee’s positive drug test result."

DOT 'Medical' Marijuana Notice | Department of Transportation

You are not allowed to take those type of drugs .... it's just legal speed .... You will fail a DOT test but will not be terminated with a script from the Dr. You will be ordered to re-certify and get a clean screen .... Then at that point if you get caught again after being warned you will be terminated even with a script .... The DOT does not allow Adderall or any of these type of drugs even with a script .... That's the law .... Look it up .... I've known many people that have been warned but never fired because they cleaned up. One chance is all you get.

Not if you want to keep your job..... Wait until you retire then knock yourself out.

Just kiddin. Hell. I hate taking aspirin.

you'd be surprised when i would tell my students, it's still illegal for a trucker to use weed...

they still didn't care when they had thier time off like on the weekends.

today's "truckers" are slugs, and care not the laws, all they want is thier fun time.

you'd be surprised when i would tell my students, it's still illegal for a trucker to use weed...

they still didn't care when they had thier time off like on the weekends.

today's "truckers" are slugs, and care not the laws, all they want is thier fun time.
AND THEY WILL PAY THE PRICE WHEN THEY FAIL THOSE RANDOMS ... Once those hit their DAC report they are done driving.....Just like a DWI .....Your done and so is your CDL.

AND THEY WILL PAY THE PRICE WHEN THEY FAIL THOSE RANDOMS ... Once those hit their DAC report they are done driving.....Just like a DWI .....Your done and so is your CDL.

no...they still didn't care...

many of those students were there because the unemployment office sent them there because they were about to lose those precious free hand outs.

by going to school that kept them "in the free money line", which was at least one of the careless attitudes they displayed regarding the rules, regulations and laws.

again. like i said, today's truckers are slugs, and we older ones will pay the price when more laws, rules, regulations come of the inept ability of the steering wheel holders doing thier damage and leave the industry.

no...they still didn't care...

many of those students were there because the unemployment office sent them there because they were about to lose those precious free hand outs.

by going to school that kept them "in the free money line", which was at least one of the careless attitudes they displayed regarding the rules, regulations and laws.

again. like i said, today's truckers are slugs, and we older ones will pay the price when more laws, rules, regulations come of the inept ability of the steering wheel holders doing thier damage and leave the industry.
Sadly, what you say is true in so many cases. All we can do is what we can do .... The right thing ... We can't save the world .... We can only do our part and be proud for what we bring to the table .... Integrity.

Sadly, what you say is true in so many cases. All we can do is what we can do .... The right thing ... We can't save the world .... We can only do our part and be proud for what we bring to the table .... Integrity.

integrity, character, and humbleness.