TForce | Advanced Auto Contract - still have it?

militaryman4

TB Lurker
Credits
Today on the PA Turnpike, I saw a brand new white volvo tractor in advanced auto parts livery all around and even had something like Advanced Auto Parts Transportation on the door ... not the usual UPS tractor I see at all with the acorn logo. I saw nothing on there "operated by UPS Freight" or the "Truckload" wording either. It had a 4-wheeler being towed behind it like it was brand new and being delivered ... so I thought I would come here and ask.

Rob

White ups trucks around here are run by "ups cartage" , could that be who you saw? They also have off white box trucks and some off white vans. I have seen white tractors with the acorn on them run by ups cartage. There drivers have off white shirts and brown pants.

White ups trucks around here are run by "ups cartage" , could that be who you saw? They also have off white box trucks and some off white vans. I have seen white tractors with the acorn on them run by ups cartage. There drivers have off white shirts and brown pants.
UPS Truckload still has the Advanced Auto account. They recently got all new tractors, white Volvos. They are Penske leased trucks.

BTW, Advance will run a day cab marked "Advance" pulling local, but it's not for regular store delivery; they shuttle trailers to their PDQ houses. The rest of the White Volvos are UPS Freight Truckload. They are 3PL (third-party logistics), so no union will be tolerated. The customer will nix the contract if the workers organize if they feel it will effect pay or work rules.

i would like to go to the advanced auto,do someone know the pay or on the flat bed division

I know a guy worked for Advance for 20 years, was making 61 cents a mile, when they were taken over, pay cut to 43 cents. Still making 43 cents.

Not that I'm aware of. Kutztown is in-house, Kansas is in house, and FL us UPS. They opened a place in IN, but it is a cluster****.
Yes, the pay is crap.