FedEx Freight | AF flash back

pompano

TB Lurker
Credits
I had a flash back of AF/Fxf days this am. I was going east on 80/94 in Gary In and saw a fxf tractor pulling a fxf trailer and a Watkins. looked strange anyone else seeing this?:wacko:

roadwhore said:
no i havent seen it yet but i bet we will start seeing alot of fxf pulling watkins trailers.

I guess why I thought it was strange, was because I thought they were going to be separate op companies.

Our supervisor said he saw several Watkins tractors pulling sets and each had a FedEx 2500000 as the rear box, their new terminal here is just around the corner from ours, some coincidence huh?lol.

FM

OK guy remember WML is giving up 1-2 day freight and FXF is giving up 3 and over. The customers will take awhile to switch so the intermovement of trailers on yards and on the road will be nessesary to keep customers happy on both sides. until this is sorted out.

fr8rookie said:
OK guy remember WML is giving up 1-2 day freight and FXF is giving up 3 and over. The customers will take awhile to switch so the intermovement of trailers on yards and on the road will be nessesary to keep customers happy on both sides. until this is sorted out.

I am the senior HUB driver with 578 miles a night with WML to a Tenn Regional HUB. It's my undersanding this is not change. Of course, things could change.

This is just a guess. Maybe they are now going to deliver our new trailers instead of Yellow and ABF. Like I said it's just a guess but it would help keep down the cost.

Pompano said:
Just a thought, maybe we are rebranding their equipment at our shops.:birthday:
They wouldn't be using ours or west numbering system.

Since he (our supervisor) said they were 2500000 series tlrs, they might be moving new ones out west.

FM

Trailer Trash said:
This is just a guess. Maybe they are now going to deliver our new trailers instead of Yellow and ABF. Like I said it's just a guess but it would help keep down the cost.
We have been delivering your new traliers here in the NW for 2 or 3 months now. Pay attention to the boards attached to the bottom rail of the FXF traliers if they are there then it's a new tralier.

They are attached to the pick-up points were they are lifted during assembly to avoid damage. If you notice they are positioned on four areas inboard of the corners.

flstc2000 said:
They are attached to the pick-up points were they are lifted during assembly to avoid damage. If you notice they are positioned on four areas inboard of the corners.

flstc, I don't think those boards are there for assembly, they are probably there to avoid "rail bites" if the trailers were put on the rails.

CF used to put special curved steel plates in those areas so the trailers would not get damaged when they were picked up in the rail yards.

If it were a manufacturing thing, I would think they would be removed before being sent to the customer