FedEx Freight | AF flash back

I drive for Yellow and pulled new FedEx trailer from Chicago to St. Louis yesterday. The number was 250901 I think.....if that wasn't it exactly it was real close. It had the lumber underneath and the triples splash guards.

CFer said:
flstc, I don't think those boards are there for assembly, they are probably there to avoid "rail bites" if the trailers were put on the rails.

CF used to put special curved steel plates in those areas so the trailers would not get damaged when they were picked up in the rail yards.

If it were a manufacturing thing, I would think they would be removed before being sent to the customer
That's possible, but I see those boards on almost all trailers, and most are delivered via the road, not rail.
I remember those curved metal pieces on our old CF pups too. I knew they were for rail lifts.
Anything is possible .....

As of this evening it's official, everyone including Watkins is delivering out new trailers. Told ya so!!!! phhhhhhhhhhttttttt :bananalama:

365Volare said:
I hope Watkins equip is spec'd the same as ours so we don't have to change dollies just to pull it......

Watkins and Fedx pups and dollies are spec'd the same. Was told that it was all interchangeable equipment.

The FDX pups are not set up to be pulled by a tandem. The National pups are. The landing gear on the FDX trailers is about four feet closer to the nose then Nationals.

we were told at my terminal we will operate completely seperate and should never have to worry about pulling watkins i mean national trailers

We are moving some new boxes from our Indy yard they are for Fed-Ex west The numbers start with 25 and they have a ORE base plate