FedEx Freight | AFedEx Ground driver was robbed at gun point in Chicago,IL.

Thing is guns don't kill or injure,its the idiots pulling the triggers.
To say this country needs to give up their guns,then folks should give up their motor vehicles.
As they have killed & injured far more than guns ever will.
However motor vehicles are not the problem,the same as guns.
Its the idiots sitting behind the steering wheels.

What really struck me about this report,is that it happened in a busy area,in the daylight,& nobody seems to know anything about it?

To say this country needs to give up their guns,then folks should give up their motor vehicles.

What really struck me about this report,is that it happened in a busy area,in the daylight,& nobody seems to know anything about it?
Also disturbing was where the article said that other FedEx and UPS drivers had been robbed in the area recently!!

I agree with you Redracer3136,the crooks are getting bolder & the folks that see whats going on are getting less caring to get involved.
They have had cars following UPS & FedEx,watching the trucks pull away,& grabbing the parcels when the driver leaves them in the open.

I hate that this world is becoming so corrupt,thats why in my post I said for every P & D driver to be extra careful on their routes.

700 plus killed in Chicago this year so far... daylight or nighttime? daily occurance here..not a good time, or place to be a package courier....

Also disturbing was where the article said that other FedEx and UPS drivers had been robbed in the area recently!!
Sounds like a solid case could be made for quietly "updating company policy", in terms of concealed carry. Of course being a "Ground" driver, one would think this would be up to the contractor to allow, or not.

From the story:
"He says the says the gunman, who looked young and nervous, told him to drive into an alley.

“I was very hesitant about turning into the alley,” the driver says. “I knew he was going to shoot me once we got into the alley.”

After giving up his debit card and cell phone he was asked to start opening up packages in the back of the truck.

Instead, Charles says, he fled from the truck for his life."

Sounds like a solid case could be made for quietly "updating company policy", in terms of concealed carry. Of course being a "Ground" driver, one would think this would be up to the contractor to allow, or not.

From the story:
"He says the says the gunman, who looked young and nervous, told him to drive into an alley.

“I was very hesitant about turning into the alley,” the driver says. “I knew he was going to shoot me once we got into the alley.”

After giving up his debit card and cell phone he was asked to start opening up packages in the back of the truck.

Instead, Charles says, he fled from the truck for his life."
FedEx still gets the last word on stuff like this. Ground has even higher security than Freight does at the terminal level, almost on par with going through airport security. Nothing that FedEx doesn't approve enters or leaves the building.

Sadly, the mentality of disarming the public is a farce. If a criminal wants a gun to kill people or commit crimes with, they will obtain one illegally.

Canada as a whole heavily regulates firearms, and Toronto specifically prohibited handgun ownership within the city some ten years ago. People still get shot or stabbed on a daily basis in the worse areas of the city. Banning guns is like banning booze. Anyone determined enough will still find a way.

FedEx still gets the last word on stuff like this. Ground has even higher security than Freight does at the terminal level, almost on par with going through airport security. Nothing that FedEx doesn't approve enters or leaves the building.

Sadly, the mentality of disarming the public is a farce. If a criminal wants a gun to kill people or commit crimes with, they will obtain one illegally.

Canada as a whole heavily regulates firearms, and Toronto specifically prohibited handgun ownership within the city some ten years ago. People still get shot or stabbed on a daily basis in the worse areas of the city. Banning guns is like banning booze. Anyone determined enough will still find a way.

I keep waiting for a case to make it through the courts, based on the fact that if an entity denies one the right/ability to defend themselves, that entity MUST assume the responsibility to protect that person. Along with that responsibility comes the liability for failure to do so.

I keep waiting for a case to make it through the courts, based on the fact that if an entity denies one the right/ability to defend themselves, that entity MUST assume the responsibility to protect that person. Along with that responsibility comes the liability for failure to do so.
I couldn't agree more. Someone needs to be responsible for denying a person the right to defend themselves.