Yellow | After 41 Years, The Teamsters Reform Movement Is Finally Building Power

The point wasn’t about retiring early. You responded to a post about my parents possibly losing the farm because taxes went up four times their amount in a short time, caused by public union negotiating. Dad didn’t retire early, and he didn’t not plan well. The taxes went up irresponsibly. Actions have consequences. Tax and spenders hurt people on fixed incomes.
I didn’t say anything about retiring early. You did just now. My original response was to Triplex asking if everyone should make minimum wage. That’s when he picks out extreme abuse and corruption. I could show you a community that pays its police officers $30,000 a year with union representation. I live in one. I’m not fighting with Triplex. He never quits.

Yes there are areas where corruption carries public unions out of control. Chicago for example, Your parents area. Two good examples. Get some sensible elected officials. (Ya rite)These out of control yes men that approve these unaffordable contracts are the problem, not the worker.

I didn’t say anything about retiring early. You did just now. My original response was to Triplex asking if everyone should make minimum wage. That’s when he picks out extreme abuse and corruption. I could show you a community that pays its police officers $30,000 a year with union representation. I live in one. I’m not fighting with Triplex. He never quits.

Yes there are areas where corruption carries public unions out of control. Chicago for example, Your parents area. Two good examples. Get some sensible elected officials. (Ya rite)These out of control yes men that approve these unaffordable contracts are the problem, not the worker.

Sac, if you want to misquote me or claim I said things that I never said, go ahead if that makes you feel good. You wouldn't be the first person to resort to doing that.

Here's your original post where you claim union (Teamster) representation of bus drivers and police is a good thing:
Public sector jobs. If you read the teamster magazine they send out it’s usually bus drivers and police officers. That’s what is usually in that anyway, not that that’s a bad thing.

I responded to that post this way indicating that our property taxes are rising to pay for those wages:
Not unless you like higher and higher property taxes to pay for them.

No where did I say or imply that I thought they or anyone else should be working for minimum wages as you infer in your next sarcastic reply:
Should they all make minimum wage? Love teamsters that think no one else should make a living wage but you as a truck driver deserve better.

I then displayed factual information and links to show and verify situations of public sector (police) salaries from an news article discussing them.

So why don't you just give up with the false narrative and innuendo and stick to actual, factual responses instead of making up crap. If you can't discuss/debate without snarky personal comments you're not worth the effort. Have a nice day.

Sac, if you want to misquote me or claim I said things that I never said, go ahead if that makes you feel good. You wouldn't be the first person to resort to doing that.

Here's your original post where you claim union (Teamster) representation of bus drivers and police is a good thing:

I responded to that post this way indicating that our property taxes are rising to pay for those wages:

No where did I say or imply that I thought they or anyone else should be working for minimum wages as you infer in your next sarcastic reply:

I then displayed factual information and links to show and verify situations of public sector (police) salaries from an news article discussing them.

So why don't you just give up with the false narrative and innuendo and stick to actual, factual responses instead of making up crap. If you can't discuss/debate without snarky personal comments you're not worth the effort. Have a nice day.
Go pound sand. You pick and choose places with inflated pay and act like that’s the whole country.
http://www1.salary.com/Police-Officer-Salary.html
Pretty far cry from your cherry picking you were doing huh?

Next where did I say it was a good thing in the quote? Didn’t call it good or bad. This is my quote below.

“Public sector jobs. If you read the teamster magazine they send out it’s usually bus drivers and police officers. That’s what is usually in that anyway, not that that’s a bad thing.”

You are correct that you never said public sector jobs should pay minimum wage. I asked if you thought they should make minimum wage.my quote below.

“Should they all make minimum wage? Love teamsters that think no one else should make a living wage but you as a truck driver deserve better.”

Pretty sure that’s a question mark behind the word wage.
Learn to read!!!

Again this is why I don’t respond to you. You don’t actually read. You dream up what you want to think I wrote and cry about it.

Last edited:
Go pound sand. You pick and choose places with inflated pay and act like that’s the whole country.
http://www1.salary.com/Police-Officer-Salary.html
Pretty far cry from your cherry picking you were doing huh?

Next where did I say it was a good thing in the quote? Didn’t call it good or bad. This is my quote below.

“Public sector jobs. If you read the teamster magazine they send out it’s usually bus drivers and police officers. That’s what is usually in that anyway, not that that’s a bad thing.”

You are correct that you never said public sector jobs should pay minimum wage. I asked if you thought they should make minimum wage.my quote below.

“Should they all make minimum wage? Love teamsters that think no one else should make a living wage but you as a truck driver deserve better.”

Pretty sure that’s a question mark behind the word wage.
Learn to read!!!

Again this is why I don’t respond to you. You don’t actually read. You dream up what you want to think I wrote and cry about it.

You did respond to me didn't you. Like I said, have a nice day.

My parents farm in in southern Pennsylvania, on the Md line, not Chicago. Amish country.

Your response was to go into people retiring early and not planning. Now you say you didn't. Sometimes I think you react without reading...

My parents farm in in southern Pennsylvania, on the Md line, not Chicago. Amish country.

Your response was to go into people retiring early and not planning. Now you say you didn't. Sometimes I think you react without reading...
I did not say anything about going into retirement early. I said people retire to early, not having enough money to retire with enough money to make it with inflation or a way out with an unforeseen event. I never said anything about retiring early. Apparently you read that into my post. Go ahead and point out where I said anything about retiring early. My quote is here.
“To many retire when they just want to retire as to when they can afford to retire. Not thinking about future price increases is a major thing people tend to forget.”

NOTHING about retiring early! Just because you hit retirement age doesn’t mean you can afford to do it.

By the way, I gave two examples, Chicago and where your parents live. Didn’t mean to say they lived in Chicago.

Last edited:
I did not say anything about going into retirement early. I said people retire to early, not having enough money to retire with enough money to make it with inflation or a way out with an unforeseen event. I never said anything about retiring early. Apparently you read that into my post. Go ahead and point out where I said anything about retiring early. My quote is here.
“To many retire when they just want to retire as to when they can afford to retire. Not thinking about future price increases is a major thing people tend to forget.”

NOTHING about retiring early! Just because you hit retirement age doesn’t mean you can afford to do it.

By the way, I gave two examples, Chicago and where your parents live. Didn’t mean to say they lived in Chicago.
You responded twice to my post about my Mom might lose her farm to high taxes with posts that people retire early without planning for higher prices. Now, in this post you end with it again. So, 3 times saying it while saying you didn't.

You responded twice to my post about my Mom might lose her farm to high taxes with posts that people retire early without planning for higher prices. Now, in this post you end with it again. So, 3 times saying it while saying you didn't.
Where did I say early? Ya, you put words in my mouth. Post where I said early! You can’t because I didn’t.

Where did I say early? Ya, you put words in my mouth. Post where I said early! You can’t because I didn’t.
You inferred it 3 times. Give it up. You're arguing over something inconsequential while changing the topic. Doesn't help anyone's point.

You inferred it 3 times. Give it up. You're arguing over something inconsequential while changing the topic. Doesn't help anyone's point.
I inferred nothing! You keep saying I said early retirement. I said no such thing. Funny how you can’t find where I said “early retirement” anywhere in this thread.

I inferred nothing! You keep saying I said early retirement. I said no such thing. Funny how you can’t find where I said “early retirement” anywhere in this thread.
if someone retired unprepared, it's logical to say they were too early regardless of their age.
So what? I. Dont care. You're off topic, beating an unrelated dead horse.

Last edited:
if someone retired unprepared, it's logical to say they were too early regardless of their age.

Either someone is bi-polar or else they don't even understand their own posts:

"I did not say anything about going into retirement early. I said people retire to early,..." Huh????

You must care. We are round 4 on it.
Still no proof though? Huh. Weird

Either someone is bi-polar or else they don't even understand their own posts:

"I did not say anything about going into retirement early. I said people retire to early,..." Huh????
You can be 90. If you have no money to retire you retired too early. That’s not early retirement is it smarty pants. Pretty tough to understand isn’t it?

Earlier this year, Maui County residents in the island state of Hawaii were somewhat less than ecstatic to learn that their property taxes were going to increase by approximately $29.7 million for fiscal 2018. According to County Council member statements at the time, the additional funding was needed to help provide better public services for Maui residents.

That said, fast forward just a few months and it looks like a substantial portion of those tax increases won't go to provide better public services for Maui residents at all but rather will be plowed into the state's massively underwater pension fund. As The Maui News points out today, Maui's contributions to the state Employees’ Retirement System will surge 52% over just the next couple of years...and that's if everything goes to plan.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-outraged-over-52-spike-pension-contributions