Central Transport | After leaving Vitran I realize

hey train, thanks for the insight, but this job I am taking, is going from the bottom to the top of the LTL world. I used to work for a place called Overnite Transportation, you might of heard of them.... lol I know you heard of them, well anyways when they sold to ups, I kicked myself for many years, cuz I had 4 years invested with them, well I have been trying to get in with them for the last 7 years, and today, well, those 7 years of trying paid off, in 2 weeks I will be working for brown. If I ever have to look for another job after working for brown, well I will have myself to blame for screwing up the best chance I have ever had in my life.

I worked for Overnite too in the 80's....Had i stayed i would be retired today...The worst thing i ever did in my life was quit...Thats a no-brainer...make the move...In texas you must work the dock first for awhile before you get into p&d ...but i would do it if i was a younger man..i would pay my dues....Because they are the best of the best. Dont screw it up again bro...You can retire there with a good pension...Im happy for you my man...Another reason why a man should never give up his dream...perserverance has paid off...Good luck...But remember they run a tight ship...And you will have some tough days starting at the bottom...But in the end it will all be worth it...train

Apparantly you are going to work for UPS Freight the old overnight company. which is good. UPS Freight is a good company. I am not sure anymore how the pension works at UPS Freight or even UPS since they paid the Teamster's Union 3 billion dollars to take over the pension within the company. And Yes, 3 Billion with a B. If you were starting with true brown on the package car you would be a part timer....which means you would pay your dues. If you were going to work for UPS as a feeder driver that would only be temporary seasonal work. UPS itself has flooded its staff with so many part timers they have them all by the b@lls, especially the dock guys. Those 4 years you had with overnight would not have counted towards any type of pension with UPS or UPS Freight so don't frett over that. Water under bridge. 7 years? That's a long time bud to be trying to get on at that company. Good Luck....and remember....don't sweat the small stuff....life's too short.