After Losing 160 Pounds, Man Strips Down To Show Excess Skin, His Biggest Insecurity

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Brave man to show the truth of extreme weight loss.

Formerly tipping the scales at 360 pounds and now down to a svelt 200, Glaud's transformation is impressive. And while he's proud of how far he's come, he still harbors insecurities about his weight loss, which is not uncommon among those who have shed a significant amount of weight.

STORY: After Losing 160 Pounds, Man Strips Down To Show Excess Skin, His Biggest Insecurity

[video=youtube_share;CpKDteQ3FIQ]http://youtu.be/CpKDteQ3FIQ[/video]

the video would not load up fast enough and kept freezing, but i get the gist of his situation.

i was wondering, can he have that excess skin removed, then donated to a burn center for those people badly burned for skin grafts..???

I'm not a Dr.but wouldn't the skin be rejected due to different dna/skin cells?

i cannot say, but there are anti-rejection drugs, that transplant patients have to take for many years, if not for life. my (now late) uncle had to have a kidney transplant and he was on them. even with anti-rejection meds, he said, the body can still reject the transplant...

my uncle died about 2 years after the transplant due to something else going wrong with him..

i would think that the possibility of real human skin transplants can be done..??

i know i have seen "skin' growing in a lab for burn patients, on the tv...

"Traditional ways of dealing with large losses of skin have been to use skin grafts or from a different person/cadaver. "

Artificial skin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator: