After reading article about state lotteries,I see the states don't like big winners.

well from an article i had read a long time ago, it was recommended that if a person were to buy several "scratch tickets", the odds were "better" if all those tickets were bought for the same game, and not any other.

so if a person wanted to buy (say) 10 scratch tickets for a Baseball game, then buy all that same game. the "odds" as said, were better for a winning ticket than to buy one of each game the state has.

also, it was "said" that no one has any real chance to win on a set number then say a "quick-pic" on the high dollar games, like Power Ball, or Mega-Millions.

the odds are about the same.

what breaks my cookies, is the individual states and how they either announce your name all over the place, or some states keeps your ID PRIVATE...

i prefer private..

sadly, my state loudly announces our names.

one more thing, many many years ago, a freaking Governor we once had, could not balance the state budget..

what does he do..??

attaches a tax on all lottery winnings above (1,000 i believe).

so with the Federal tax and state tax, in my state, that is at the very least, (nearly) 40% in taxes taken out.......

oh by the way..that former Governor..????

was busted for bribery and other money crimes.....

of course, we still have the taxes....

an excerpt from Wikipedia
" in December 1998, he pleaded guilty to state charges of bribery, extortion and racketeering, and was sentenced to a year in prison after he admitted (in a plea bargain) accepting $250,000 in exchange for state contracts during his term as Governor."

On a smaller scale I guess the best way to bet at the horse,or dog tracks.
Is to bet equally on every animal,then if a long shot hits you make money.
If not you would have to chalk it up to bad luck.

In this case this gal played smart by buying more tickets to increases her odds.
The lottery officials seemed ticked off because she is keeping quite on how she wins so much.

as long as the tickets were not altered, as long as the tickets were not stolen, the lottery commission should not care. it is after all the lottery that sends out the tickets to the various stores for sale. then too, in my state at least, no lottery worker can buy tickets. so if all those conditions are met, then the lottery has to pay up on the winning tickets.

maybe she read the very same article i had read, and maybe she pooled her money with some other people.