Yellow | Akron-211, Cleveland-221, Euclid-Painesville-224 To Be Combined!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Rumor has it that Roadway Express is interested in buying the old CF Terminal on Brecksville Road in Richfield and combining the Akron, Cleveland, and Euclid-Painesville barns into new barn in Richfield. The Westside Leader Weekly Newpaper in Fairlawn reported last week that the Richfield Village council had given the Richfield Zoning Commission another 60 days to reconsider re-zoning the property back to "industrial"! The article stated that "Yellow Transportation" was interested in the property to build a new barn. One councilman said they the commission plans for a "huge trucking facility"! Further investigation by the rank and file has determined that it is not Yellow Transportation but, YRC Worldwide on behalf of Roadway Express who is pushing the deal! Let's wait and see if YRC will "fess up" to what's going on! This would fit in with their "synergy" strategy and get rid of a few people in the process! Let's wait and see!:pirate:

Good post....:1036316054: ....freightmaster. These things take a while to pan out, how about keeping us informed on any new developments on this story. DS.

a few years back the property on i 71 at rt. 303 was a hot topic. plans called for closing clev and few others and building a large terminal. sounds to me you guys have spotted something

if you drive by there, central transport has a couple trailers sittin there. also heard from a central transport driver that they bought it.

What they need is a place to pull the triples right outa the yard onto the pike, like Yellow has.

they are putting the lombard st. yard and the laurel yard together here in baltimore. they will be in the old redstar terminal in elkridge. holland will be moving into the roadway yard on lombard st. when they are done fixing it up.

TheBigR said:
What they need is a place to pull the triples right outa the yard onto the pike, like Yellow has.
Hey Big R, The way this run works I don't think that would be a good idea. If it wasn't for the 14hr clock it wouldn't be a problem but we just don't have the hour or more that it would take to go into a yard, punch in, wait to have your unit droped or hooked,punch out and go again.As it is now 309-135 through two drop pads only leaves about an hour to eat ,take a nap ,pee. Not a whole lot of available break time on a 14 hour day. I realize shuttling trailers to the pad adds cost but thats cheaper than having guys put it to bed in Breezewood or South Bend because they ran out of hours waiting for D&H.

Anyone heard about another COO for that area anytime soon?? Could be just another driver rumor, but sometimes they are right!! Where's the RDWY Spy?? :Lurking: DS.

Hey DS seems this might be coming around in about a month. rumor talk is going here also we are sending some used nissan forklifts to milwaukee something happening up there???

Midwest Coo ?

Our Tm or whatever they are called now said he is going to be at AGO the 18th and 19th discussing the west Coo and that the midwest coo he thought would be discussed around the end of the first quarter of 07, I'm on the edge of my seat LOL:roll1:

Chicago Roadway said:
Hey DS seems this might be coming around in about a month. rumor talk is going here also we are sending some used nissan forklifts to milwaukee something happening up there???
Hey CR, ya know with "our guy" up there, anything is possible!! DS.

Heard there is going to be a COO in Feb 07 cause some things need to be tweeked at the EOL barns to improve service.

Just my opinion here so don't kill me I'm just the piano player. This COO has worked to some degree but the real test will be this winter when runs like 309-135, 657-211 ect.
I got some southern region guyz running those big $$$ bid into 211 & 242. They'll be earning their keep this winter if the don't jump off those bids.

rumor control says there is a huge change sometime in jan-feb.said to be bigger then the last one.trying to fix the last mess

gopher said:
rumor control says there is a huge change sometime in jan-feb.said to be bigger then the last one.trying to fix the last mess
If change of ops are going to be happening in the near future, shouldn't the locals know about it by now? I spoke to our BA and he has nothin on this matter as of now. Also spoke district personal ( J.L) he said first change is working well, I don't know he's smoking:hysterical: