Alabama closes 31 DMV offices

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Robert Reich
    ·
    Just one year after implementing a strict voter ID requirement, Alabama announced it will close 31 DMV offices -- leaving 29 counties without a single place to get a driver's license, the most common form of voter ID. Not surprisingly, these counties are overwhelmingly black. No county where black voters are 75% or more of those registered will still have a DMV (or easy access to IDs).
    let me repeat here: leaving 29 counties without a single place to get a driver's license,
    Please join me in telling Alabama Governor Robert Bentley nobody should lose their right to vote because they can’t get a photo ID.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Nothing going on here, is there?

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Alabama is just re-tooling the DMV offices to look more like those in Commiefornia. When they open them back up, everyone who goes to the DMV is automatically registered to vote......Democrat of course. lol

3. Northern Flash

And don't act like you care about Alabama either, they vote Republican, and you typically hate them. Now you all of the sudden care about them? Who are you trying to kid? You only care when you think that there is some kind of political gain.

4. Magoo

If you read all the closures are in predominantly black areas who vote Democrat

FedEx Teamster and Big Dave like this.
  5. FedEx Teamster

FedEx Teamster Banned

And more than likely, the majority live below the poverty line too.

6. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

some call this strategic gop politics Im sure they are working real hard to open the DMVs after the 2016 election :bat:

ABFer likes this.
  7. kantgetryte

kantgetryte Well-Known Member

I don't believe it's about not being able to vote because of lack of getting the I. D.,more like how bad do you want to.Don't you need it to get on programs? Get all your liberal friends to chip in and hire buses

8. Magoo

Now those drivers license offices in the normally sleepy white towns will have long lines with black folks mixing in.
    They ain't a gonna like it!

9. Gilly

Gilly Banned

What are you saying, everybody but helpless black people can get to to one of dmv offices? That whole train of thought sounds a little racist if you ask me. Guess I give people a little more credit.

10. Magoo

Every County should have one, counties can be rather large with long drives to the next.
    I have 7 offices in my county.and we're not a major metropolitan area, here the tax collector's office does that work also. They also had the DMV offices but got rid of some of those, just no need for duplicate services

11. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

NJ closed the Regional DMV center they had in upscale predominately white Wayne, NJ and makes everyone go to Newark NJ
    I never realized it was done against the whites in Wayne, I just thought of it as a real stupid move made by the state government.

12. Magoo

Yeah we don't want the whites registering to vote

Instead of just denying whats going on in alabama why not look at it unbiased, doesn't it look a little fishy with not one office closing but all of those, and nowhere else to go?

Jinx likes this.
  13. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

14. Northern Flash

If you are right Magoo, it looks like the Republicans are trying to counter the Democrat's tactic of making all of the illegals eligible to vote. Your party is gaining in illegal voters, and losing in the inner cities. Works for me.
    Gotta fight fire with fire.

MuddleVanHeck and kantgetryte like this.
  15. Magoo

In Alabama, Clinton goes after Republicans on voting rights
    http://news.yahoo.com/alabama-clinton-blasts-gop-voting-rights-190117792--election.html

"This is a blast from the Jim Crow past," she told about 700 people at a luncheon of the Alabama Democratic Conference, the largest caucus of the state Democratic Party.

Clinton also mocked Republican presidential candidates Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush for their opposition to restoring Voting Rights Act provisions struck down by the Supreme Court in 2013, and she chided Ohio Gov. John Kasich for curtailing early voting in his state.

"What part of democracy are these Republicans so afraid of?
    " Clinton asked. "I've won elections, and I've lost elections, but I sure feel better when as many people as possible show up and vote."

16. Magoo

Aha blame it on the Mexicans

17. Northern Flash

The kind of Democracy that is on display currently. (One branch of Govt.)
    And Hillary will bring the same type of democracy for another 4 years........and the country can't afford it. She's lurched so far to the left that she makes a moderate Democrat look like a radical conservative. And give her a phone and a pen, and this country will be finished off from the mess that Obama has created. If she wins.....we're toast.

18. Northern Flash

Nope. Blame it on the Democrats for continuing to rig the elections.

19. Magoo

If we implement changes meant to discourage republicans from voting,
    exactly how would you feel about that?

20. Northern Flash

I would tell the republican voters to get off their lazy ass and go get their ID. If it's important enough to you, you'll go get one. If you can't go get one, you don't deserve to vote either.

If you have to be encouraged by a political party to get out and vote, you are too detached and shouldn't be voting, since you don't care enough to educate yourself on the issues.