Yellow | All Blue Trucks........

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
I heard the other day that line haul will have all blue trucks within 2 years. Today at 671 I noticed that we actually had more blue trucks than orange/blue units. It seemed to stand out, to me. I'll try to post some photos of the "ready line", it's kind of neat, sometimes. DS.

If that is true DS what am I supposed to drive then? The driver that runs Richmond hates me and he don't even know me. It is all because I got in one. :) If all the WB had to drive was blue trucks I guess the WB would go away.

That would be great for you guys as long as they don't repaint some of that old junk (834, 837, 80, 40) Jeez, I still have nightmares about that junk.:puke:

ohhh man

TheBigR said:
That would be great for you guys as long as they don't repaint some of that old junk (834, 837, 80, 40) Jeez, I still have nightmares about that junk.:puke:
Especially the 40 ohhh man what junk

YRC claims to save $1,500 per truck by not have a 2-tone paint job............The new Holland trucks are also one color now.....it is hard to resell a used truck when it has a 2-tone paint job.....especially if it stands out that it was once a Roadway/Holland truck..............KK

At 313, milw. I have heard they painted one of the retired linehual (835 series) blue for P&D.

Sarge you need to get some sleep the 835's are already blue it's the old 834's that's across the street with 1.9 miliion miles, also two old USF tractors with there tag axle config that were retired in linehaul and the city now were getting
those as well.

Handy 313 said:
Sarge you need to get some sleep the 835's are already blue it's the old 834's that's across the street with 1.9 miliion miles, also two old USF tractors with there tag axle config that were retired in linehaul and the city now were getting
those as well.
When I left 835's were blue and orange linhaul Volvo's. Were the last 2 tones before the new all blue's came in. Of course that was 6 months ago, things could have changed.........

Kennesaw Kid said:
YRC claims to save $1,500 per truck by not have a 2-tone paint job............The new Holland trucks are also one color now.....it is hard to resell a used truck when it has a 2-tone paint job.....especially if it stands out that it was once a Roadway/Holland truck..............KK
Hay KK what ya talking about resell? Roadway sends theres to the crusher. They are not even good for that. You want to talk about a wore out truck....

They use them to haul pulpwood out of the woods in south GA!..............they give them one more chance before taking them to the scrapyard...........KK

Saw an old Freightliner at 673 ,new paint job all blue with Roadway your way on door.....CITY unit is what I was told,not sure if it was old road unit redone????

i see quite a few of the new ones around akron, most seem to be sterlings. i think they look good, but i miss the rooster crusier R on the roof all lit up.

Jughead said:
Saw an old Freightliner at 673 ,new paint job all blue with Roadway your way on door.....CITY unit is what I was told,not sure if it was old road unit redone????
That's criminal if they're refurbing that old junk for linehaul. If they want to paint them, put power steering in them for the city, well, that's they're business......:mad: :thumbsdown: :ranting2:

I hope it is not the ones I am thinking about. The Road Driver can tell it is Friday when they get them. We call it Freightliner Friday.....:)

TheBigR said:

this is EXACTLY what is happening, even old white/gmc city trucks have been painted all blue, with no BIG R symbol on them just that stupid Roadway Yourway crap.