all done

out the door

TB Lurker
Credits
last week i was put on call in status. Right! its a jokr Jevic has really big problems. then last night it was confirmed that i was officially laid off along with 20 other drivers. I have applied for other jobs and those employers have heard that Jevic is in very bad financial trouble and are losing accounts fast. so my advice to those who still work for Jevic enjoy. and please keep your eyes open for a job. it wont be long. 6 months at the most. this is the time of year that freight companys get busy, not lay off.:smilie_132:

last week i was put on call in status. Right! its a jokr Jevic has really big problems. then last night it was confirmed that i was officially laid off along with 20 other drivers. I have applied for other jobs and those employers have heard that Jevic is in very bad financial trouble and are losing accounts fast. so my advice to those who still work for Jevic enjoy. and please keep your eyes open for a job. it wont be long. 6 months at the most. this is the time of year that freight companys get busy, not lay off.:smilie_132:

It's things like that that cemented my decision to leave. I just don't want to work for a company that does such things..

Sorry to hear that driver. We here at J3 have been trying to warn other "Drivers" But have been pretty much shot down in flames. Question... Are the recent layed off drivers getting any kind of severance package??

I heard the first wave of drivers getting the axe was all that had 5 years or less. Now they are "according to a friend" targeting higher seniority drivers also. I sure hope you didnt leave a good company to come here. If you did I hope you didnt burn that bridge.

Sorry to hear about all the trouble there. I work for Dayton Freight at ORD or DesPlaines il, we need regional linehaul drivers, if you are interested in contact info or have questions pm me or call them direct. Just trying to help out good luck.

Thats cool. I appreciate it. But it would be a pretty good ride to where you are from SC. My wife and daughter has informed me. We aint movin!!

good luck buddy try new century they need a few good men the just pickup 2 BIG account.

My Concerns!!!!!!

This is to all the people that are still employed by Jevic Transportation. My husband has worked for jevic for over 10 years, when he first started working we thought it was the best company that he has worked for. Throughout the years Jevic has been good to us and i guess we were a little spoiled. Every since they told us they were closing the doors because the 4 terminals in the south were losing money i was shocked. I can't understand where that would have come from. I think you have to many chiefs running the company and nobody knows what the other is doing. When Harry owned Jevic you knew what everybody was doing and you knew things would be taken care of. I feel sorry for the drivers that have a family. Gabbydad can get on here and talk all he wants but in the end he still has his job along with every body else in Jersey. If Jevic cared about its employees this would have never been allowed to happen. You corporate suits sit up there in Jersey making your money no matter what. I hope you can sleep well at night knowing that you have put 100's of people out of a job. My husband does have another job but what about the ones that do not, yes Jevic has agreed to pay the employees until June 2 and keep the insurance and for that i'm very happy. I'm just very upset that they would let a company like Jevic just close up like they have. I pray every night that all the employees will find a job and everybody will be taken care of. I'm sure that all the drivers will be ok, Jevic has a great bunch of drivers and I have met a few and even talk to some that I have never met before. I just wish things could be different and this would not have happen, but in the end everybody will be ok. So to the corporate suits that are in Jersey The South will be ok with out you, but you will never be the same without us.

Thank you very much for your time.

This is to all the people that are still employed by Jevic Transportation. My husband has worked for jevic for over 10 years, when he first started working we thought it was the best company that he has worked for. Throughout the years Jevic has been good to us and i guess we were a little spoiled. Every since they told us they were closing the doors because the 4 terminals in the south were losing money i was shocked. I can't understand where that would have come from. I think you have to many chiefs running the company and nobody knows what the other is doing. When Harry owned Jevic you knew what everybody was doing and you knew things would be taken care of. I feel sorry for the drivers that have a family. Gabbydad can get on here and talk all he wants but in the end he still has his job along with every body else in Jersey. If Jevic cared about its employees this would have never been allowed to happen. You corporate suits sit up there in Jersey making your money no matter what. I hope you can sleep well at night knowing that you have put 100's of people out of a job. My husband does have another job but what about the ones that do not, yes Jevic has agreed to pay the employees until June 2 and keep the insurance and for that i'm very happy. I'm just very upset that they would let a company like Jevic just close up like they have. I pray every night that all the employees will find a job and everybody will be taken care of. I'm sure that all the drivers will be ok, Jevic has a great bunch of drivers and I have met a few and even talk to some that I have never met before. I just wish things could be different and this would not have happen, but in the end everybody will be ok. So to the corporate suits that are in Jersey The South will be ok with out you, but you will never be the same without us.

Thank you very much for your time.

Very nicely put there CW. Althought the reaction you receive from the "Others" will probably say they are sorry for what has happened to us. They are still trying to lay this at our doorstep.

What a honorable Lady "CW". I work for a LtL company {green with a red bumper} from the south and wish all the drivers the best of luck. The loss is Jevic's for sure. Best of Luck to all. And again my hat's off to CW.:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2 BigW-RD