all done

Wow CW, that was pretty good, well said. Although it does hit a little closer to home when you got more than one family member losing a job. I hope misfit likes flatbeds.

by Law, Jevic has to give 60 days notice to close down the terminal. If they could have, nothing would have been paid.

Of that I am absolutely certain. Especially after seeing how they are treating some road drivers even now. It is absolutely deplorable how this company is treating its employees. All I can say is I will be sorry to see the rest of the drivers lose their jobs. But I definately wont be sorry to see this company become extinct. Its off to the boneyard. Move this thread to the "gone but not forgotten" section. 10-4:smilie_132:

Jevic has positioned itself to be in excellent shape as the economy begins to recover. There isn't a business alive that isn't making difficult choices to remain strong.
For those that are on here, and read all the posts, please remember there are 2 sides to every story. So reach out privately if you like for more specifics, or grab me in the J1 yard as many of you have been doing.

Thanks, Bill

Just remember the FACTS of how Jevic treats it employees. You mean NOTHING to them. They will cut your throat in a heart beat to save a dime. Even if it costs them a dollar to do it. You dont have to reach out to anyone to see that for yourself. I swear on my mothers grave if it were me and I still had a job with this company, It would be long enough to find a new one.

please remember there are 2 sides to every story

there are 3 sides to every story, yours, his, and the truth. Something Jevic don't know about. Once again I say I hope the corporate suits can sleep at night knowing what they have done to Jevic employess they will not prosper. Once again you have your job and everybody in Jersey so you don't know how it feels to be in our shoes.

Jevic has positioned itself to be in excellent shape as the economy begins to recover. There isn't a business alive that isn't making difficult choices to remain strong.
For those that are on here, and read all the posts, please remember there are 2 sides to every story. So reach out privately if you like for more specifics, or grab me in the J1 yard as many of you have been doing.

Thanks, Bill

there are 3 sides to every story, yours, his, and the truth. Something Jevic don't know about. Once again I say I hope the corporate suits can sleep at night knowing what they have done to Jevic employess they will not prosper. Once again you have your job and everybody in Jersey so you don't know how it feels to be in our shoes.

Of that I am absolutely certain. Especially after seeing how they are treating some road drivers even now. It is absolutely deplorable how this company is treating its employees. All I can say is I will be sorry to see the rest of the drivers lose their jobs. But I definately wont be sorry to see this company become extinct. Its off to the boneyard. Move this thread to the "gone but not forgotten" section. 10-4:smilie_132:

:thread:

:GrowUp:

Has anyone noticed that they are shying away from keeping some of the senior drivers or not offering them a position ?

If they keep them around or offer them a position, they may have to pay them a severance package at some point.:nutkick:

I'm not sure of the shutdown facts, but I think if the terminal size was over 50 or something, they'd have WARN Act money coming. I don't know much about it, maybe someone that knows what they are talking about could jump in.

Thanks, Bill

wake up man do you thank jevic is looking out 4 you i WISH ALL OF YOU WELL company do not care about you when they dont give you a heads up good luck 2 all there is life after jevic :1036316054:

I'm not sure of the shutdown facts, but I think if the terminal size was over 50 or something, they'd have WARN Act money coming. I don't know much about it, maybe someone that knows what they are talking about could jump in.

The local, regional, and shuttle drivers that are losing their jobs are either getting a severance package, or they were given a 60 day notice. But they are laying off ROAD drivers left and right without warning, and with no compensation. Sorriest company I have ever been associated with.

The local, regional, and shuttle drivers that are losing their jobs are either getting a severance package, or they were given a 60 day notice. But they are laying off ROAD drivers left and right without warning, and with no compensation. Sorriest company I have ever been associated with.

I'm currently a victim of the economy also. I feel you're pain. By pooling knowledge, we all may weather it a little better.

That's not true. The local and regional drivers in New England we're not given a severance package, just the pink slip.

thats the way i have taken it from jersey and new england past few weeks putting the blame on the south // J3 for losing money i asked the regional mngr to sho me n blck and white where we were losing money and he couldnt just wanted to talk about it if they cant back it up with proof then dont bring it up i put 13 yrs here and this is what me and my fellow employees get the shaft but thnx for the info sorry for there loss that goes to sho u jevic is slowly falling down and or going for broke