Reddaway | All Reddaway employees will give up 15% or...

They will not shut it down. Reddaway is what is making money and the banks know it. The banks would have a cow if now only Holland and New Penn were left of the huge investment YRC made in the Regionals. The best thing the Company, or the IBT for that matter, can do is get something these folks will vote yes on and move forward. They probably won't though and what they will do is threaten and make them revote the same thing in a week or two. I hope it gets turned down again and these people that are trying to push these hard working men and women around get exposed for the fools they are.

I agree. I don't believe for a second that it all rests on Chicago.
I'm glad to see you people at Reddaway aren't suckers like some of these idiots we got in the YRC forum. These "the company will close if you don't..." threats are starting to become like the boy who cried wolf.

The reason "why" they can offer the saleman more money is simple. For the most part there's some continuity within driver, dock, line wages. Even though there's some difference between union, non-union, regional variations, the pay is close enough to keep the squabbling down. Now when it comes to management, sales, and clerical, there's HUGE discrepancies across the board.

For instance. We have lost some of our best people at PGO because they are bringing in people to CCG and paying them more after a year or two than those who have been with us 20+. We have some great workers making extremely subpar wages for what they do outside of driving. They've been making the unknown sacrafice. Getting the shaft from a company they put their trust in. Then they take the 15% hit, and they're sitting so far below what some initial hires receive. If the economy wasn't as bad as it was there would be even more people bailing on Reddaway.

And at 19 an hour 17 something for the dock no pension no mob on helthcare and you think we are way above other company's pay ? standard management thinking ! so how many REALLY have taken a 15 % cut ? And who is hireing all these GREAT people at a higher rate ? Please save the coolaid for someone that believes managements ::shit:: because WE DONT !!

And at 19 an hour 17 something for the dock no pension no mob on helthcare and you think we are way above other company's pay ? standard management thinking ! so how many REALLY have taken a 15 % cut ? And who is hireing all these GREAT people at a higher rate ? Please save the coolaid for someone that believes managements ::shit:: because WE DONT !!

Great that's what is so speacial about you teamster assholes is you dont give a ::shit:: and are willing to flush the rest of us hard working pepole down the the f-ing toilet with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A _ HOLE and all your jack *** drivers in the northwest! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teamster says I would rather be out of a job then to work it pays better right.

Great that's what is so speacial about you teamster assholes is you dont give a ::shit:: and are willing to flush the rest of us hard working pepole down the the f-ing toilet with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A _ HOLE and all your jack *** drivers in the northwest! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teamster says I would rather be out of a job then to work it pays better right.

The only thing I can say is maybe you should spell check before insulting a huge amount of people.

First of all RETL84, reading comprehension will get you far in life.

The question that was raised concerned the fairness of giving a salesman who had quit, a pay raise when most of us have taken a decrease of 15%. I explained how they can do that.

I did not say they were hiring GREAT people at a higher rate. I said there are GREAT people who have LEFT, as in quit, BECAUSE Reddaway IS hiring people, SUBPAR people, at higher rates. Meaning, this is NOT a good thing.

You seem to have issues with what I've said, and come out firing when you yourself have no clue, and obviouly haven't understood or comprehended what I wrote. First of all I am not management, never have been, never will be. I don't drink the koolaid and I don't promote it. Just ask any northwest line driver who knows me. If you're close to SEA I can provide references.

You said this, "And at 19 an hour 17 something for the dock no pension no mob on helthcare and you think we are way above other company's pay ?"

Who is the "WE" in, "you think WE are way above"? Never did I say DRIVER or DOCK pay was WAY above everyone elses. But since you bring it up...

FACT: There are discrepancies in employee pay within Reddaway. Most of these occur OUTSIDE of driver, line, dock, but they are there, they are real.

FACT: I fall into one of the job catergories you mentioned in your statement above and if the figures you state are real, I do make a lot less. So there are people who work for Reddaway who do make less than their counterparts in other terminals.

I'm not sure you even read my first post fully before you fired off but you might want to read what I wrote. The basis of it was to say there's employees getting the shaft, it's not nice, it's not fun, but we're in a pickle courtesy of YRC management.

RETL84, I have a lot of friends that drive for Reddaway in California. No matter how hard it is to swallow I believe you guys in the NW made a mistake voting the pay cut down and not going along with the rest of the company.

YRC can easily close you down up there and run everything by YRC. COO with Reddaway in California not even to go up there but run east and so on.

You guys banking on YRC to go out of business just might be wrong and the biggest losers.

Companies have come back from the grave before.

RETL84, I have a lot of friends that drive for Reddaway in California. No matter how hard it is to swallow I believe you guys in the NW made a mistake voting the pay cut down and not going along with the rest of the company.

YRC can easily close you down up there and run everything by YRC. COO with Reddaway in California not even to go up there but run east and so on.

You guys banking on YRC to go out of business just might be wrong and the biggest losers.

Finaly someone else on here who can see the Big picture and makes sense un like those up in the NW !

What you fail to realize is that the "no" vote had nothing to do with the pay cut. What it had to do with is us not being willing to sell out the dock workers and for what the company and the IBT have asked for all along. Equal Sacrifice.

What you seem to be saying is that we should take whatever they put out there and live with it. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. They put out an offer and we say yes or no as to whether those conditions are acceptable for us to work for. The MOU is what it is. We are not complaining about that. We just will not sell out our brothers and we will not fall further behind NMFA than we already are.

hey guys , the sad truth is they are more than likley going under anyway .keep your money until they do. i already gave up 15 % its like getting hit with federal income tax twice.yrc can threaten to merge reddaway in all they want "they cant afford it"good luck and vote no...............................

Well if its so easy to work around 600 union employees why dont they just do it ?

First of all RETL84, reading comprehension will get you far in life.

The question that was raised concerned the fairness of giving a salesman who had quit, a pay raise when most of us have taken a decrease of 15%. I explained how they can do that.

I did not say they were hiring GREAT people at a higher rate. I said there are GREAT people who have LEFT, as in quit, BECAUSE Reddaway IS hiring people, SUBPAR people, at higher rates. Meaning, this is NOT a good thing.

You seem to have issues with what I've said, and come out firing when you yourself have no clue, and obviouly haven't understood or comprehended what I wrote. First of all I am not management, never have been, never will be. I don't drink the koolaid and I don't promote it. Just ask any northwest line driver who knows me. If you're close to SEA I can provide references.

You said this, "And at 19 an hour 17 something for the dock no pension no mob on helthcare and you think we are way above other company's pay ?"

Who is the "WE" in, "you think WE are way above"? Never did I say DRIVER or DOCK pay was WAY above everyone elses. But since you bring it up...

FACT: There are discrepancies in employee pay within Reddaway. Most of these occur OUTSIDE of driver, line, dock, but they are there, they are real.

FACT: I fall into one of the job catergories you mentioned in your statement above and if the figures you state are real, I do make a lot less. So there are people who work for Reddaway who do make less than their counterparts in other terminals.

I'm not sure you even read my first post fully before you fired off but you might want to read what I wrote. The basis of it was to say there's employees getting the shaft, it's not nice, it's not fun, but we're in a pickle courtesy of YRC management.

I know how they cant do that also. Because this (team) is really two different teams. Im not disputing what you said about different pay in management just dont try to justify giving a pay raise to a 20 year employee and make the rest take a cut.

I don't drink the koolaid and I don't promote it. Just ask any northwest line driver who knows me. If you're close to SEA I can provide references.
I'm close to SEA, close enough to know that if you're using SEA line drivers for references, you're taking your life into your own hands.:biglaugh::biglaugh::shift::clap:

What you fail to realize is that the "no" vote had nothing to do with the pay cut. What it had to do with is us not being willing to sell out the dock workers and for what the company and the IBT have asked for all along. Equal Sacrifice.

What you seem to be saying is that we should take whatever they put out there and live with it. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. They put out an offer and we say yes or no as to whether those conditions are acceptable for us to work for. The MOU is what it is. We are not complaining about that. We just will not sell out our brothers and we will not fall further behind NMFA than we already are.

I can understand how you feel. But I really don't believe these are normal times. Things probably will get a lot worse and maybe even a bad job will be hard pressed to get.
With a hard lengthly depression facing us I think it's a matter of survival not selling out our brothers.
I think even if the worse case scenario YRC closes in six months or a year that is time yours brothers and sisters put more food on the table. It is not weak but strong and being a man that provides for his family even when he feels he is being done wrong and taken advantage of.
Things turn around down the road then every driver can bind together and fight to regain what they lost. Or fight for their fair share.

Well if its so easy to work around 600 union employees why dont they just do it ?

Alot of you guys showed up at Oak Harbors line. They found out how hard it is to work around 600 employees. Stand for what you believe in. In the end everyone might lose. It will not be from any thing you have done. The management at YRC is in the process of destroying alot of good companies.

I can understand how you feel. But I really don't believe these are normal times. Things probably will get a lot worse and maybe even a bad job will be hard pressed to get.
With a hard lengthly depression facing us I think it's a matter of survival not selling out our brothers.
I think even if the worse case scenario YRC closes in six months or a year that is time yours brothers and sisters put more food on the table. It is not weak but strong and being a man that provides for his family even when he feels he is being done wrong and taken advantage of.
Things turn around down the road then every driver can bind together and fight to regain what they lost. Or fight for their fair share.

When did you guys start fighting for anything ? last time i checked we do the fighting and you ride the gravytrain ! Some people stand on thier principals others BEG !

Rumours are flying in SoCal. I fear you boys have voted yourselves out of a job. And you will find that unemployment and poverty are a lonely burden. Your rah rah union buddies will be nowhere to be found when the rent is due and even Schneider says "Sorry , not hiring but you can fill out an application". Good luck fellas. I fear economic recovery is a long long way off with the current nitwits running the country. This job was a raft in a stormy sea. You have no idea what is in store.

Rumours are flying in SoCal. I fear you boys have voted yourselves out of a job. And you will find that unemployment and poverty are a lonely burden. Your rah rah union buddies will be nowhere to be found when the rent is due and even Schneider says "Sorry , not hiring but you can fill out an application". Good luck fellas. I fear economic recovery is a long long way off with the current nitwits running the country. This job was a raft in a stormy sea. You have no idea what is in store.

So you think Reddaway will continue to operate without the "base" of it's operation? I think probably not. YRC purchased the regional operations for a reason. If they now decide to close part or all of another one that will make them even look worse to the people that actually own the company. Then they will loose most of the business in the NW because if customers wanted to ship YRC on the West Coast, they already would be. If they want to roll Reddaway into YRC, they could but they would have been better off economically giving us what we have told them we needed to get the deal done.

So maybe what you say could happen. Question is, does it make sense? Answer, No. If they do it, it would be just one more dumb move by YRC and everyone would know it.

Thanks for standing up with us against tyranny and oppression. :clap: