All the people you meet/other co-workers

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
In this line of work the people that wear the same uniform as you are you're co-workers, but they are not, after all there is only one day out of the entire week, that I usually see another truck from my company, when I am out on the road.

However, you're other co-workers are the other drivers from the other companies, those are you're true other co-workers. I see the Budweiser, Heidelberg, Northern Haserot and Hillcrest Foods along with some Sysco and Blue Ribbon Meats way more then I see other trucks from my company.

Anyhow Friday I see two Northern Haserot trucks in Treemont and I said "Uh oh that's not good. Someone is in trouble."

Well sure enough I see an NHB driver and I walked up to him real friendly fellow and I said "Two of you? Is something the matter?"
He explained that the regular driver who normally runs this route was hurt and that a swing driver was on this route, but the swing driver was dispatched 2 hours late. So he was way behind.

Anyhow I was getting ready to leave one of the places that both of us go to and as I was leaving the two NHB drivers were going down the steps with the food that they have to deliver. Well unfortunately the swing driver for NHB hit a bump and some of his products all tumbled down off his wheeler, luckily there I was in front of him and "I said oh no that won't do, so I grabbed the stuff that tumbled off his wheeler and neatly stacked it back on."

He looked like he was all flustered and I know how that goes when you are running late and all flustered or as a truck driving school instructor used to say flustrated.

You tend to break things, I know because I've done it, running late way behind don't have time there's no time tick tock goes the clock that's when stuff starts to break.

You know I try to help out the other guys when I can, I used to only think that the company I worked for was the company that had all the trouble and that's partially true, but I see it happens all over as well.