TForce | All the union,non-union debating is driving posters away.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Most of the messages are ideas that have been gone,over,and over again,and again.

Is there any current news topics?

Does anyone know where the terminal is thats being targated for the union vote?
Also does anyone have any news of any organizing efforts?

After the UPS C.E.O. gave the go ahead for the card check,there was a lot of reports put out in many publications,and also from the Teamsters.

But its been sometime since any current news has come out?

If this one mystery terminal signs the Teamtsers in,does anyone know what kind of contract will be drafted?

I mean what are we looking at?

We may as well wait it out till our new wage,and benefits are to be anounced toward the close of 2006.

UPS Freight only needs to fix a few items,and we'll all still be happy remaining a non-union trucking company.

I do agree with the rest of my co-workers that if you do your job,and obey company rules,we have nothing to fear.

So is there anything new,or is it going to be the same old same old?

Apostolic said:
Most of the messages are ideas that have been gone,over,and over again,and again.

After the UPS C.E.O. gave the go ahead for the card check,there was a lot of reports put out in many publications,and also from the Teamsters.

If this one mystery terminal signs the Teamtsers in,does anyone know what kind of contract will be drafted?

We may as well wait it out till our new wage,and benefits are to be anounced toward the close of 2006.

UPS Freight only needs to fix a few items,and we'll all still be happy remaining a non-union trucking company.

I do agree with the rest of my co-workers that if you do your job,and obey company rules,we have nothing to fear.

U just don't get it do u! It's not just one terminal that has check card we all get it,,,:duh: how do u make it thru the day

Apostolic said:

We all will still be happy ,,,do u have a mouse in ur pocket:chairshot:

You can please some people all the time..

and sometimes some people can be pleased.
But seldom can you ever please a truckdriver.

No matter how hard you try to please some people,they'll just never be completely happy.

But others are happy with simple things.
Such as good health,a good relationship with their loved ones,and a desent job,making desent money.

Just the fact that we were born in America is a total blessing.
People in other countries have to struggel to stay alive.

Actualy everything thing in life is your perspective.

Just by being positive you can overlook the negatives,but if one is negative,its hard for them to find anything positive.

Life in general all comes down to how you choose to live it.

Some of the UPS Freight employees want to remain non-union,some others want to be organized by the International Brotherhood of the Teamsters.

Only time will tell how many will vote to be unionized.

I for one pray to God that the best way wil win out for the majority of UPS Freight workers.

Apostolic said:

I guess the only real way to know about which terminals are being considered is to go to your nearest Teamster office and ask. But beware....they aren't going to just give up any information to anyone. Even with a card check, OVNT will continue to put out anti union info and have meetings to discuss union vs non union. I'm sure that the IBT know's what kind of contract will be sought, I don't think the locals have that info at this time. I think this will take a little time to get started, it won't happen, excuse the saying...overnite!! You are right about following the rules.......but the company can change the rules if and when they want, then what do you do?? I've spoken to a guy that had been to the review panel in Richmond to keep his job. It's not something you want to have to do. Mabe you can find a union supporter at your terminal that can help you out with your questions, also. Do some more research other than these boards also, self education and checking out other avenues help also. DS.

Apostolic said:

Unfortunitly it's the same'ol same'ol.

Apostolic said:

Don't worry buddy, we're going union and yer gonna get yer lunch and 2 breaks. The lord works in mysterious ways !!!!