TForce | Alright, let's say it does go to no:

The teamsters union is a weak mess. The union came to us, not us to them. The teamsters relationship is with ups not the employees.
This is 1 very important Fact that the typical Teamster who does not work at UPSF does not understand. The National UPSF Agreement was pushed in with the Help of UPS. Though they couldn't publicly come out and endorse the organizing of its non union freight division they made damn sure it was apparent. The UPSF National master bares no resemblance to the National master freight agreement of the past and most of us do not tow the Past union Beliefs or ideology's. So if I hear how someone fought for my wages 1 more time I'm going to puke. The Labor movement of the Early days of trucking were fighting for important things like common sense Regulation and Safe working conditions. Wages will always be dictated with what the Market will bare. Enough of the propaganda. No one buys that Crap in this day and age.

There is one huge item the union does not understand here, customer defections. A lot of UPS Freight cargo has already shifted. Carriers taking that freight are insisting they accept it on a multi month basis and not only for the duration of a union strike .

Meaning even if this ends tomorrow there is perminate loss of business. It may be too much for the network to bear. In the case of the strike at red star most large customers committed their business to competitors and by the time the strike was over, most of the business was gone.....

The good news is the union bosses who told members to walk off their jobs foreve are still getting paid!

This will end very ugly for UPS freight employees...

I feel for them..
Our freight is mainly 12 big customers. We pick up close to a hundred pickups a day but those make up most of our shipments. Nine out of the twelve said as soon as this is over to call them. We lost 3 big customers due to this. But we are short on staff so I don't know how it will go.

Well I do not have a doom and gloom attitude! Could it bee I need a new job, better in this economy as opposed to a unemployment line ten miles long so be it! I guess If I have to throw away my years with Overnite which is what I was holding onto then it is what it is!

Our freight is mainly 12 big customers. We pick up close to a hundred pickups a day but those make up most of our shipments. Nine out of the twelve said as soon as this is over to call them. We lost 3 big customers due to this. But we are short on staff so I don't know how it will go.

Many shippers are transient price shoppers. Go with cost first. Some like their freight undamaged, and will pay more. We have gotten soooooo much better at handling freight. I have core stops that use us because they say other ltl's damage their shipments. They will be back.

Many shippers are transient price shoppers. Go with cost first. Some like their freight undamaged, and will pay more. We have gotten soooooo much better at handling freight. I have core stops that use us because they say other ltl's damage their shipments. They will be back.
Shippers are a funny bunch and we can't really beat anyone on prices. We sell our self on being on time and not damaging freight. But I have seen some stay just because they like their driver.