TForce | Alright, so what do you think is a fair contract then?

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
1) Better and more dock training for cdl/dock combo drivers and drivers in general (including road drivers) because the apparent assumption in the company is that all drivers should know how to work the dock----even if they've never worked the dock. And yes, there are a lot of drivers hired here who don't and have never worked the dock before.

Training?? Really? The #1 Reason we have a perceived training problem is our out of date starting wages. We do not need more training, we need to attract EXPERIENCED Drivers and Dock workers. The only way you do that is Starting them at COMPETITIVE WAGES. Now im not saying UPSF should bring drivers in at $23.00 per hr. With our benefits package a fair stating rate for an individual with 5 or more years LTL experience Should be somewhere in the ballpark of $21-$22 per hr after a $18 per hr probation. #2 Holiday pay- Why UPS thinks making a new hire wait 1 full year until they are eligible to receive paid Holidays is Unreasonable and beyond out of touch which has a direct result on why applicants remove UPSF from consideration for their next place of employment. #3 punching dock when you are hired to be a full time driver. this issue is only a UPSF problem. the only Reason you should be paid dock wages as a full time driver is if you begin the shift on the dock and stay on the dock the entire day. If at any time during that shift you punch P&d or Shuttle, the rate for the entire day should be the higher P&d hourly rate. Our non union competition have been doing it this way for 15+ years. #4 Hourly rate? should be more than what ABF negotiated in that contract. A nice clean number would be $3.00 over 5 yrs.

Last edited:
Remember UPS is on target to make over 6 Billion in profit this year! First off you need to be a complete Union company UPS Truckload drivers should be welcomed into the Union why are the Teamsters not pushing for this and continuing to allow purchased transportation? Should match the same rate as feeder drivers keep voting NO NO!

2iyvTLt.jpg

1/4 cent a mile per year!!!!! And then to have it split!!!!! $.01 1/4 in 5 years, that's 20% of our last contract!!!! I find that insulting.. Starting wages, sad, sad, sad... 1800 hours to vest or accrue vacation, maybe 1600 would be fair.. Contractors, who negotiated this mess? I agree with FRTCHUCKER about paid holidays, and the wages stated..

Guys we will be fortunate if a 2nd proposal comes up to cost of living increases. We did our part, but parcels not turning out to vote and being ratified took away any leverage we had. Your dreaming if you think UPS and OUR TEAMSTER pu$$y negotiating team are gonna cave for 12,000 non-core business workers when they both just screwed 54,000 core business workers who voted no. I voted no knowing parcels would vote theirs down, but with that shady ratification move I have move to the middle on this as I don’t like being out there all alone with no leverage. To you lifetime LTL drivers I also have much pride and respect for what we do, but take it from a guy who moved over from package...LTL is nothing to UPS but a necessary SERVICE not a necessary BUSINESS and betting they wouldn’t shut down or sell because of Fedex freight is risky. Everyone has to do what is best for themselves/family and hopefully the next proposal will render what I typed moot, but for me it’s the old “know when to hold em, fold em.”

O

A few issues are:

*City guys vacation should be equal to their average weekly hours worked. Not based on 40 hours a week. What driver, specifically city driver, works 40 hours a week unless they get stuck working light duty.

* “1/2 now the rest later” splitting raises are stupid as bleep.
The increase should also be equal to or greater than what we got in the first contract. Billions of dollars of profits being made here UPS.

* Can’t be forced out after 11 hours should be lowered to 10 hours. We don’t live at our jobs, we have lives outside of work. Utilize your workers and percenters more effectively.

I’d like to read more issues.