SAIA | Am I the only Line driver with this problem?

Dracula

TB Veteran
Credits
I transit through a major terminal every night. Usually, there is not a problem but the transit problems have been coming more frequently in the last few weeks. Sometimes the local dispatcher seems more concerned with finishing his reports, getting his local drivers out to avoid late departures, or just has this attitude of take your problem to the dock if your trailer has not been closed. Isn't he suppose to watch out for all departures and not just the locals? If this continues and it will not continue for long, I am going to document his apparent lack of interest in out of town drivers.
Watch the horizon for the mushroom cloud, I don't see him changing his attitude. Am I the only linedriver with a local dispatcher problem?

does his name start with a T and end with a Y or maybe IE from atl if so i feel your pain

Never noticed that from him. Most of the time he just sits there eating his waffle and looking clueless. Of course if I see him, it's coming close to go time or I have to spend the night there.

I transit through a major terminal every night. Usually, there is not a problem but the transit problems have been coming more frequently in the last few weeks. Sometimes the local dispatcher seems more concerned with finishing his reports, getting his local drivers out to avoid late departures, or just has this attitude of take your problem to the dock if your trailer has not been closed. Isn't he suppose to watch out for all departures and not just the locals? If this continues and it will not continue for long, I am going to document his apparent lack of interest in out of town drivers.
Watch the horizon for the mushroom cloud, I don't see him changing his attitude. Am I the only linedriver with a local dispatcher problem?

I haven't ran into that particular problem. Sometimes if the dispatcher is busy or really frustrated b/c of multiple problems he will ask me to go talk to the operations manager instead. I do constantly have a problem getting out on time b/c of the dock though.

I do constantly have a problem getting out on time b/c of the dock though.

That drives me up the wall. They have a scheduled time to close the trailer but somehow they forget for several hours but seem to remember when they see me walking down the dock. Part of my beef with the dispatcher is shouldn't he notice that the trailer is hours past close? He seems to notice if you have a late departure?